Sorry this is a bit vaig but some friends have a dog who looks exactly like yours (though a *****), and she had tumours (not sure where, sorry). Anyway, they took her to Liverpool several times for the treatment, and 2 years later she is doing fine....We've had Frizby's results back from the vet and its pretty grave really,
His nasal tumor is malignant and is also inoperable so we have limited options
1. Do nothing and he probably has 3-6 months but in the vets experience its nearer 3 than 6, we can manage any pain and take a decision when we need to.
2. Anti cancer drug therapy, 4-8 months possibly 12 if really successful, but it wont cure it, side effects possible chemo type sickness.
3. Radiotherapy, trip to Liverpool or Cambridge once a week for 4 weeks, general anaesthetic, possible 12 months + but not a cure, side effects hair loss, mouth ulcers, sunburn type problems, and due to the location possible blindness - this is not an option we will consider.
So tough times at the moment, I know he's only a dog but he's been part of the family for over 10 years. We will probably initially try the drug route, but should this lead to any discomfort or major sickness we will stop and just let nature take its course until we/he decides its time to go.