Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fan in my GT blows mad hot even at 16.5 degrees for about 30 minutes when I get in the car. I don't seem to have any options with it. Its either hot or I have to put the air con on.

Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
I've hear the interior temperature sensors can get blocked with dust, there's a small fan which draws air over the sensor.

This is relatively easy to remove and clean.

Alternatively you could have a dodgy heater control panel, which has been reported before.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
The temp sensors with the little fans are in the climate control panel next to the 3 dials. If you have dual zone then I think there will be 2 sensors, behind little grilles. Assuming you get hot air on both sides of the car, both these sensors would have to have failed, which seems unlikely. Plus if it all works properly with the compressor on, then that also suggests these sensors are ok.

But why turn the aircon off? I think it works best when you leave it on and let the system keep everything nice and comfy.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't actually turn it off. I just set the temp to what I want. If I turn the air con on it doesn't really effect the temp thats coming from the blower until I put it to Low. I have had it re-gassed so the air con does work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts