Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi whats the differance between Eibach springs? my 1998 156 2.0 SP2 I beleive has the blue/black Eibach springs fitted but I have been offered some of the Red ones which I believe are called sportline.

My question is will I benefit by fitting these?

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
The black springs are from Alfa and part of their Sport Pack, they are about 20mm lower than a standard 156.

Eibach then have 2 different springs for the 156, Pro and Sportline. Pro is -30mm lower and a bit harder than Sport Pack. Sportline are -45 to -50mm and presumably much harder.

·
Vendor
45,299 Posts
The blue/black ones were made by Eibach to Alfa Romeo's specifications and gave a drop of 20mm. The red ones will be aftermarket Eibach springs, which usually give a 30mm drop and are usually much more progressive, ie soft initially but then really firming up once you get past the first bit of compression.

·
Vendor
45,299 Posts
Ah, just read Pascs post, Sportline will give a serious reduction in ride-height compared to the blue/black ones. You would be wise to fit them with uprated dampers, maybe Koni Sport or the Bilstein ones that have a shortened damper rod.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I wouldnt fit Sportline springs, I would say they are too low...............might look good but I would imagine a nightmare to live with

·
Vendor
45,299 Posts
If I got away with -60mm on a V6 I reckon -45mm is liveable on a TS. But you better not have piles :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts