Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have researched the threads re Eibach (and others) 30mm drop springs being close to same height after install as old/sagging springs.
Love my 2003 166 3.0 pre-facelift but getting very tired of suspension and handling. Cars this classy should not dip and kneel under braking / cornering so have decided Koni FSD and Eibachs way to go based on reports in forum.
The 30mm drop is a worry and cannot afford to go lower than existing.
Does anyone with the Eibachs have a measurement from wheel centre to guard lip that I can use to determine if I will still be able to get up my driveway if I go this way?
Noted reference to facelift TI 15mm drop springs but prohibitively expensive in Australia.

·
AO Member, 166/164 Lounge Winner 09
820 Posts
I can't measure it right now but I'm pretty sure that mine is more than 30mm lower. I think that 30 must be the height before they settle because I struggle over speed humps and almost every driveway.

Whereabouts are you Nimbus? I'm in Melbourne.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In paradise -better known as Cairns. Only downside is lack of reasonably priced Alfa 166 parts. Previous vehicle was a BMW 540i and able to source parts from the USA at great prices. Unfortunately they did not get the 166 so no parts.
Have you fitted the Eibach Pro springs? If yes, I may be forced to the Alfa TIs.

·
AO Member, 166/164 Lounge Winner 09
820 Posts
I bought the car with them fitted. Mine has a Zender bodykit too so its ridiculously low, although the lowest part of the car is actually a section of the exhaust behind the front wheels that's around 75mm off the ground.

Its not particularly practical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts