Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone;

Currently i have 4 Monroe shock absorbers in new condition on my Phase 2, 2.0 TS GTV and running the car with 225/45/17 Michelin Primacy 3 tires.

In order to increase the looks and the handling of the car i am thinking of buying Eibach lowering kit and Wiechers Strut Bar.

• Does Eibach drop the car only 20mm or it can be lower up to 3.5 cm?
  • Would all these parts be compatible (Monroe Shock Absorber + Eibach 20mm pro lowering kit + 225/45/17 Michelin Tires + Strut Bar)?
  • Would this setup help me enter curvers with speeds above 120 km/h more securely or won't make any difference at all?

Best regards!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have Monroe shocks and Eibach Springs in the front and it works good in my opinion.
Before you fit 35mm lowering springs, think about how you use the car. It will be very low. I have the 20mm lowering springs and I'm having trouble on the gravel road to my summer house.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Monroe shocks and Eibach Springs in the front and it works good in my opinion.
Before you fit 35mm lowering springs, think about how you use the car. It will be very low. I have the 20mm lowering springs and I'm having trouble on the gravel road to my summer house.

Hello, thanks a lot for the reply.

I am planning on buying the 20mm Eibach pro kit (Alfa Spider und Alfa GTV Tieferlegungsfedern - Eibach ProKit Federnsatz - Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos)

- Is there any positive change in handling after fitting this?
- I am actually driving the car in mostly city roads but roads have a lot of potholes etc in my country but i assumed i would be fine with 35MM. What do you mean by you are having trouble exactly?
- Are you using 225/45/17 tires?

Looking forward for your reply, best regards!.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hello, thanks a lot for the reply.

I am planning on buying the 20mm Eibach pro kit (Alfa Spider und Alfa GTV Tieferlegungsfedern - Eibach ProKit Federnsatz - Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos)

- Is there any positive change in handling after fitting this?
- I am actually driving the car in mostly city roads but roads have a lot of potholes etc in my country but i assumed i would be fine with 35MM. What do you mean by you are having trouble exactly?
- Are you using 225/45/17 tires?

Looking forward for your reply, best regards!.
Didn't see that you had posted here before I answered your PM, so here's the answer again for everyone to read.

Hallo!
I changed the original shocks that had done 120 000km at the same time, so I't hard to say what comes from the new springs and what comes from new shocks. The original shocks had very much preload and the Eibacks prings seems better tuned to the car with less preload and a stiffer spring. Actually I find the car more comfortable now with the Eibach springs.

The trouble now is ground clearance. The last 100m to my summer house is a very small unpaved road where there tend to be two wheel tracks. If I'm not careful the higher middle part of the road will hit the plastic cover under the engine. Paved roads and speed bumbs are no issue.

I have original tyre dimension of my Phase1 2.0TS, which is 205/50/16

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have munroe shocks all round with springs 10mm lower.i find it's a good compromise with handling and comfort,if like here in Ireland every road Is smothered in speed bumps I wouldn't go any lower as mine bottoms out on the really high bumps.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have munroe shocks all round with springs 10mm lower.i find it's a good compromise with handling and comfort,if like here in Ireland every road Is smothered in speed bumps I wouldn't go any lower as mine bottoms out on the really high bumps.
Hello there.
I didn't know there was 1mm lowering spring. Can you show me a link of the item because the lowest i saw is 20mm eibach springs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts