Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted Eibach spacers all round to the G. 16mm on each wheel.

I'll be going to the ring on sunday, so will comment on the change in steering feel then.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, the cv joints are connected to the wheel bearings.

and no pictures. can't put them online for the moment. not much to see anyway, and didn't do it for looks

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tomorrow's the day, wish me luck. or at least that no wheels will come off.

Pulled a +1G on the roundabout today, not too bad considering the eco tyres I currently have. They do squeal before they let go, but that just adds to the drama and excitement for the watchers.

·
Registered
36,839 Posts
I saw a white Giulietta on the motorway in Switzerland once which definitely had spacers and the stance looked good. Ironic as the wheels are set inboard as std to allow for snow chain clearance!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
good to see you representing the alfas in that dull pack:thumbup:hope you enjoyed it.how did car handle
The car did extremely well. TCT was sublime, always in the right gear! That was a problem 10 years ago when I went there with a manual. of course, after you're about halfway you don't know if your coming or going, and if the road is going up or down....

The car is very neutral in the corners, no under or oversteer, just starts sliding (and tyre chirping) on both axles.

The brakes got hot, but coped perfectly. I've got brembos.

I don't know my way there anymore though, and it was very busy.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I saw a white Giulietta on the motorway in Switzerland once which definitely had spacers and the stance looked good. Ironic as the wheels are set inboard as std to allow for snow chain clearance!
yes, I'll not be running spacers with the winter wheels (which are 205/50R17 and am now running 215/50R17)

·
Registered
224 Posts
The car was the spacers looks impressive! Looks like as it should if it was from factory.

It is good though you have the option to remove the spacers in favor of wheels that will fit snow chains and have adequate clearance from the wheel guard.

·
Registered
224 Posts
true not sure how good my 18" burnish colored 5 horseshoe rims with rubber band like tyres would perform on the track eh.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts