Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bit of a rant, but also more consumer advice.

Now, I don't want to sound like too much of a broken record... But is it really so hard to just buy a ****ing product and have a company send it to me?

After my previous troubles with Europerformance. co . uk, this time I purchased a suspension kit from Eibachshop.co.uk. Seems like a good idea, no?

Bought a Bilstein B12 kit for £738...
A day later I get an email saying that they don't have any. The production has run out.

But they'd like to KEEP my order regardless, in case some more become available in the future(??)

I respond asking them politely to cancel the order.

The following day £738 comes out of my bank account.

So... You advertise a product you don't have. Then you tell me you can't fulfil my order. Then you take my money regardless.

What the **** is wrong with this industry?
This is the 2nd ****ing time I've tried to order something and found a company that's perfectly happy to take my money and not send me a product.

Get ****ed.

And before anyone get's all up and defensive about it...
"You should give them a chance to refund you, it's only been a day"

NO.
THEY HAVE TAKEN MY MONEY FOR A PRODUCT THEY KNOW THEY CANNOT DELIVER.
THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE PRACTICE.
I am now in a position where I need to chase them to recover £738. I do not enjoy this.

·
Registered
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.8TS
413 Posts
This is a bit of a rant, but also more consumer advice.

Now, I don't want to sound like too much of a broken record... But is it really so hard to just buy a ****ing product and have a company send it to me?

After my previous troubles with Europerformance. co . uk, this time I purchased a suspension kit from Eibachshop.co.uk. Seems like a good idea, no?

Bought a Bilstein B12 kit for £738...
A day later I get an email saying that they don't have any. The production has run out.

But they'd like to KEEP my order regardless, in case some more become available in the future(??)

I respond asking them politely to cancel the order.

The following day £738 comes out of my bank account.

So... You advertise a product you don't have. Then you tell me you can't fulfil my order. Then you take my money regardless.

What the **** is wrong with this industry?
This is the 2nd ****ing time I've tried to order something and found a company that's perfectly happy to take my money and not send me a product.

Get ****ed.

And before anyone get's all up and defensive about it...
"You should give them a chance to refund you, it's only been a day"

NO.
THEY HAVE TAKEN MY MONEY FOR A PRODUCT THEY KNOW THEY CANNOT DELIVER.
THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE PRACTICE.
I am now in a position where I need to chase them to recover £738. I do not enjoy this.
I don't know how it is for you guys, on the verge of brexit - but I believe that what they have done is against EU consumer regulations. They're not allowed to withdraw the money from your account, untill the item is being shipped. Unless it is a custom/one-off item - which this obviously isn't.

Reactions: Santhenar

·
Registered
437 Posts
Thats just sad, both that you dont get the B12 kit, as it’s so nice, but also the action from the company!

Is that the official page?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Not nearly good, is it?
I'd charge them £50 per day for keeping my money until the order is dispatched. No need to be threatening or anything; just impose unfavourable terms and conditions into the contract. I do this all the time. People don't generally realise they are able to amend the business terms and conditions.

I'm surprised you went for the B12 kit as I thought you wanted coilovers. Some people think the Eibach Pro Kit spring is a little too soft and the inclusion of shortened B8 dampers may not help. I supect the longer B6 dampers may help slightly with regard to suspension bottoming.

If you really want the non adjustable B12 kit, Squadra Sportiva, Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos

list this at Eibach-Bilstein Sportiva kit for €639 + shipping. It may be a blessing as you can get it cheaper anyway.
If it is still unavailable or you really want coilovers, they list Bilstein B14 and Novitec coilover Stradale. There should still be the ST option from Lakspeed though.

I tried emailing the UK Eibach shop but as they couldn't be bothered to reply, I couldn't be bothered to place an order.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts