Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had them fitted, it took two mechanics 9 hours to do, petrol tank off, entire front subframe, wishbones, struts (to check top bushes or something). Would have taken me weeks.
The result is quite surprising, i havent driven it far but the car feels much more taut, traction off the line is much better, the front end doesnt dive as much under braking, round bends i can adjust the attitude of the car/floor the throttle and it just flows round. But it feels no stiffer when just driving along, no fillings getting jared out of my teeth thank god.
It stays completly flat on fast corners, it almost feels like it pivots from the centre of the car, nice to drive. More results to follow. Cost a lot of money to do and the roll bars themsleves are not cheap.

·
Registered
715 Posts
You will find the 155 drives like a hot hatch with these on now. Bang it into a corner, turn in hard, front starts to slide, lift of the throttle, the back slides round instead, then plant the right foot again!

It takes balls to use them, but the handling is something else with them on and no loss of comfort. A wise purchase! How many other people have them on their cars?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
err did i quote you a £100 henry..........dam i meant £400... :D :D

not really,, :) nine hours is way too long for that job even with front and rears.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
how much are they chaps do ao have never noticed ,cant you use delta ones ? and finally which are best (9 hrs is this average ?)henry did you let the last set go with number 10 and how is the old car going?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the Autodelta ones were Eibach anyway, exactly the same price. JB if you charge Henry £100 to fit a set i'll be over to have mine taken off and put back on for £200 quid, should keep you busy for a few hours.

There is so much more traction with these things on !!, sod waiting for the road to straighten or the damm apex, just flat out acceleration all the way round. I must admit ive frightened myself a few times hooking a few corners up, only to be met by a hedge cutting tractor and a herd of cars trying to get past, need to focus and hope the brakes work.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought the 155 had front and rear anti-roll bars as standard ???? The guy I bought my car from says they do (or the Silverstone does anyway). Now I'm confused :confused: .....help me..... :confused: .......

Marlon

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
any one got konis on i was talkin to a guy from alfatune earlier about (uprated) anti roll bars . he was saying fit konis the difference in handelling is like night and day i mentioned about a roumer that you can fit delta integrale ones and he said to fit the konis i also mentioned the powerflex bushes and if he rated them he rekons that unless you fit to the rear as well the back end will be popping round to say hello a lot any coments on this is there a set for the rear ? he also mentioned to expect more tyre wear as the sidewalls take a pounding . apparently hes been making his own nylon bushes for his race cars since 1979 (spiders)

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Marlon, all 155's have front and rear anti roll bars as standard. The Eibach versions are made from thicker metal which makes them stiffer, so you get less body roll into a corner, not that 155's have much anyway !!
I can not see the point of spending all that time removing the roll bars only to fit standard ones off an integrale, they are not as stiff as these things.
Koni's might be a good upgrade, just need to find some springs that are not to low, my car needs to be comfortable as well as quick. I think the Eibach springs are rising rate and not much shorter...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts