Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone comment on the combination?

My cars going in next week for shocks n springs so thinking all at once.....

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next question..... Who's cheapest to buy from at the moment? Anyone got special offers on?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
i had koni fsds and eibachs fitted, and even thou an improvement it wasnt that serious difference i have noticed on all other cars ive lowered, so maybe my orinal suspension was in good condition or something, but always felt the ar bars were needed as it doesnt feel any tighter roll wise. so if u can afford then fsd eibachs and ar bars all at once would put a smile on ur face im sure. :)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Personally I have the Weichers Front Upper Strut Brace in conjunction with the Eibach ARB kit, the Eibach kit was a big improvement over the standard bars and ading the ront upper brace stiffened the front end up even more, in my case I felt the car had a tendency to feel like the balance was switching front to rear through fast corners making me feel very uneasy. The above combination has completely negated this.

I'm adding the Eibach Pro Street S Kit in February so hoping for a pretty awesome ride and handling set up.

Not sure what differenc it would make on a sportwagon though, you'd probably end up with quite a few sqeaks from the dashboard as the car's chassis would flex differently on the road.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
The FSD's are a compromise damper, they are relatively 'soft' in normal driving but then stiffen up dramatically when you push the car harder - this might not be to everyones tastes

I have Eibach Pro springs and Eibach ARBs, not on a GTA but a 2.5 V6 - it feels like a very good combination, nice and flat without being too hard

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
thats it , it feels soft normal driving and improves on more aggressive moves, and thinking about it i would prefer it to be a bit harder in all circumstances, which now makes me think i should of gone with fully adj coilovers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts