Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am considering buying the Eibach anti-roll bar kit for the 156, although I have a few questions that someone may be able to help with, as I cannot find any info / answers anywhere...

(1) Do the Eibach roll bars come with anti-sway collars already fitted? The reason I ask is because my front roll bar has metal anti-sway collars (from what i can see), not the original plastic??? ones.

(2) Do I have to remove the metal brackets from my original roll bar (front) which hold the bushes and bolt onto the cross member, and fit them onto the Eibach bar?

(3) Does the Eibach kit come with the drop links as well?

Sorry guys, I know there are some discussions on here regarding the Eibach bars but I really cannot find answers to these questions! So basically, can I remove my original OEM anti-roll bars and throw them away, and simply fit the new Eibach ones without swapping anything over?

Any advice appreciated as always!
Tony.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
IIRC then...........

1. There is one metal collar on the bars

2. Yes you have to remove the original brackets from your old bars - this is a pain but relatively straight forward. You just need the metal bracket and bolts as the Eibach bars will come with their own bushes. You have to do this for both front and rear bars

3. No drop links - they use the standard Alfa ones but I'd buy a new set of genuine Alfa ones especially for the front

So the only thing you need from the old bars are the mounting brackets and drop links. It would have been a lot simpler if Eibach had just included new mounting brackets in the kit

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that! Look forward to the results!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts