Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I've just cleaned my egr valve i didn't need to grease the solenoid as it was moving freely I've only driven the car 300 yards so far and was wondering should i feel a difference already or should i take it for a whirl also can someone post a picture of the maf sensor location. daft questions i know but thanks.

06 gt jtdm

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
MAP is located on back of inlet manifod ......don t touch maf thats on inlet pipe work

ps if your car is running correctly you wont notice a difference unless you DO have a problem

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just had car out for 20 min no difference . low rpm below 2000 egr cleaned . where is the maf electrical plug to be removed?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
just had car out for 20 min no difference . low rpm below 2000 egr cleaned . where is the maf electrical plug to be removed?
what is your problem ?????? dont touch anything until you answered my question please as you can end up with more faults than you started with:rolleyes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok had gt jtd for 18 months no probs. recently loss of power at low revs read the guide to clean egr valve done that this morning , took car for drive no difference to power lack of throttle below 2k then car picks up but still feels under power . i've read if you disconnect maf sensor electric connector if problem clears then thats the culprit. thanks for your help

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
ok had gt jtd for 18 months no probs. recently loss of power at low revs read the guide to clean egr valve done that this morning , took car for drive no difference to power lack of throttle below 2k then car picks up but still feels under power . i've read if you disconnect maf sensor electric connector if problem clears then thats the culprit. thanks for your help
doesnt work with diesel ..........petrols yes ,clean your MAP out not your MAF was your egr clogged up ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
egr was sooty solenoid was moving ok i could push it in with finger . cleaned both with carb cleaner think ill go back and try and find map.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
egr was sooty solenoid was moving ok i could push it in with finger . cleaned both with carb cleaner think ill go back and try and find map.
map sensor is on back on inlet manifold not far to left from egr as u look at it.......held in with one torx bolt

egr probs lead to bogging down and tons of smoke when it picks up

clear map sensor then do ecu reset and throttle reset (throtle reset is turning key to mar for 90 sec,,,,,turn of for 90 sec after you have reconnected battery before rest of ecu reset)

see what happens.........then its time to look at actuator hose

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok just stripped down egr again and drilled solenoid don't seem to have made any difference i will tackle map/ecu/throttle tomorrow as it is dark and dank now, cant see map but will find it in the morning . re the throttle reset /ecu will it matter if the car has been remapped?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
ok just stripped down egr again and drilled solenoid don't seem to have made any difference i will tackle map/ecu/throttle tomorrow as it is dark and dank now, cant see map but will find it in the morning . re the throttle reset /ecu will it matter if the car has been remapped?
DRILLED??????:wow:

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Why drill it if the solenoid was moving OK :confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Drilled it as per the how to sticky to strip it clean and grease . Now im worried by your responses!

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Don't worry about the drilling, as long as it was at the top of the solenoid and you only went through the casing. Did you manage to get the mechanism out and clean it? Did the same on my 159 a few years ago, worked well.

Didn't bother on the GT as it seemed pretty smooth, moved in and out freely. Sprayed some carb cleaner in the gap and dried it properly. The valve was reasonably gunked.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes got insides out gave them a clean and grease up but still same problems, low revs below 2k hard to pull away on slope (low revs) no warning lights on dash, this is first problem ive had with it owned it for 18 months great car.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i didnt find any damaged pipes as far as i could see . Im gonna do the map tomorrow do i just take it of and clean with carb cleaner?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts