Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
my egr valve is shot(done the clean + solenoid removal) looking at getting a saab/vauxhall one as they are cheaper but does anyone know if the part numbers are different to the alfa one.mine has part number pierburg 46823850 on it but the ones on evilbay for the 16v saab/vaux. have different part numbers. any idea? thx

·
Registered
265 Posts
I know this isn't quite what you asked, but as the EGR is in an easy position for replacement on the JTD I went with a second-hand one on eBay. Should be £60-70. If it cokes up again in a couple of years, I'll do the same. If it were a long job, I'd buy new.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im looking on ebay at the moment second hand vaux. for £25 pierburg no.55215031 .thats why i want to pick the forums brains. thx

·
Banned
857 Posts
so buy second hand and buy someone elses problem ....bite the bullet and buy new my advice
Yeah. This!

Only reason I'd buy second hand would be for peanuts to have a spare to clean out so I could simply swap them if I didn't want the car off the road for too long, and even then I'd want to know the history of the one I was buying.

Wouldn't even dream of fitting a S/H one without servicing it first. If it arrived with the solenoid end drilled then I'd reject it as someone else has already had to repair it.....

·
Registered
180 Posts
i have a second hand egr valve for a saab 9-3 if you want it(its coked up and has not been stripped,(it came off a 2006 9-3 )

·
Banned
857 Posts
How did you calculate that then? It's a 5 min job and he's looking at a £25 part second hand?
It'll be more than a 5 minute job if the second hand one hasn't been dismantled and had the solenoid pin de-rusted and re-greased because it'll seize. They all do eventually.

The black stuff in the valve itself is a secondary problem.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Search for 'Z19DTH EGR'

This search for new only shows they're to be had for under £90UKP delivered at the moment.

All the best

Pub

1 - 13 of 13 Posts