Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of where the egr is located? As I want to clean it cause I'm getting a lot of stuttering and I've done the regen dpf. I'm not getting any lucky. Nor is the garage because its got no code faults. Wasting alot of money so far. Any help please

·
Registered
497 Posts
If youre engines sluggish have you tried running some BG244 through a tank of fuel then running on premium fuel for a few months?

EGRs are supposed to be dirty, unless its become blocked I'm not sure itd cause any problems otherwise.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A month ago I used injector cleaner. Within the month I've had a full major service. I've just put forte dpf with premium diesel a few days ago then I did a dpf regen. I can't seem to find the cause of it. So I assumed it's egr clogged or dpf.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While warmed up or when starting to warm up. Happens alot when revs above 1500. If it's not the dpf. Any idea what it could be? Would of thought a good service would solve it.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Always trying to help, I've had a lot of advice and guidance from everyone on here. EGR valve on diesel engines is a major problem so hopefully might solve the OP's problem

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Wouldn't a stuck EGR cause warning lights to come on?
depends on how it's stuck and the design of the EGR.

current feed and position feedback arepart of the motor assembly, so as long as that can move freely you won't get any egr errors. this implies the motor can push the egr open. but if the egr fails to close (spring action) completely at times, this might not show. and if it does, it would be an airflow message.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well since the forte and dpf regen. Then disconnected battery and maf sensor(after 3 starts the warning light went off). The strutting stopped yesterday. I've not drove it today to check cause injury. So once I'might good to go. I'll hopefully notice a difference if worked or not since its not been started for 24 hours. Then consider the egr route.

·
Registered
38,665 Posts
I am still sticking with my suggestion of a dirty MAF sensor.

The inlet on these engies are pretty oily, you can often see it on the pipes on the outside of the sensor. If some oil has got onto the MAF heated wire it will make the MAF give false readings to the ECU, and the car will run badly.

It won't take 10 mins to remove it and spray some solvent through it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am still sticking with my suggestion of a dirty MAF sensor.

The inlet on these engies are pretty oily, you can often see it on the pipes on the outside of the sensor. If some oil has got onto the MAF heated wire it will make the MAF give false readings to the ECU, and the car will run badly.

It won't take 10 mins to remove it and spray some solvent through it.
Symon .. do u know how to remove the clamps that are stuck on each side of the whole maf sensor box. Without damaging them? What would I use to clean the sensor ?

·
Registered
38,665 Posts
You should be able to just unclip them with a screwdriver. If you look at the join you will see that one bit hooks over the other piece, and if you stick the scrwdriver between you should be able to detach them. Once done you can refit them or use jubilee clips.

To clean it you can use carb cleaner spray or something like isopropyl alcohol. Whatever you do though don't poke anything in there such as a cotton bub as the element is very delicate and it will break.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts