Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am toying with the idea of EGR/ DPF Delete & Power remap for 159 2.0 JTDm SW. I don't have any issues but from what I read here it`s good preventive measure. I`ve been quoted €750 for the lot from a company here in Dublin, they have done plenty of work on Alfa's the garage have told me and could expect 20% increase on power and torque.

Does that seem like a good price? Also I have always gone to TI autos or Don Baker with my Alfa`s and would be nervous of new garage?

Anyone got above work done elsewhere they could recommend? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
I am toying with the idea of EGR/ DPF Delete & Power remap for 159 2.0 JTDm SW. I don't have any issues but from what I read here it`s good preventive measure. I`ve been quoted €750 for the lot from a company here in Dublin, they have done plenty of work on Alfa's the garage have told me and could expect 20% increase on power and torque.

Does that seem like a good price? Also I have always gone to TI autos or Don Baker with my Alfa`s and would be nervous of new garage?

Anyone got above work done elsewhere they could recommend? Thanks.
Does that mean the car will emit a lot of particulates?
It's a bit of a grey area I think or I need to be better informed.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had car with Gerry & Peter in TI Autos getting gearbox oil changed and from chatting to them I'll probably leave it standard unless i start to get problems with EGR.

They also done a full health check and gave her a big thumbs which great news.

Reactions: Mufasa

·
Registered
240 Posts
@Sheener287... I've toyed with the remap idea for 159 2.0JTDm ti SW too. I just fancied seeing what a remp would do for the car.

In the end, I decided against it because even if it doesn't result in a NCT fail now, I imagine changes will be made to the NCT over time. Also, it could be an issue with potential buyers when I eventually sell the car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have removed DPF previously on my wife's scenic 1.9 diesel and had no problems with NCT but they are wise now and changes are probably just around the corner as you say.

The thought of 200bhp + is tempting but better to be safe than sorry.

Will just have to wait on the Giulia Quadrifoglio for that kind hp.:hehe:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have removed DPF previously on my wife's scenic 1.9 diesel and had no problems with NCT but they are wise now and changes are probably just around the corner as you say.

The thought of 200bhp + is tempting but better to be safe than sorry.

Will just have to wait on the Giulia Quadrifoglio for that kind hp.:hehe:
I'd be happy with the 280bhp Giulia Veloce :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts