Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question. I read somewhere that if you put a blanking plate,non holed type,on the 2007 200hp Brera,
the light does not show. I have the plate with the hole on now with no lights. Can anyone confirm this??

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Yeh, light will come on with a full blank (make sure you have a stainless steel plate for either this or holed plate). This will not affect the engine in any way, but you won't be able to tell if you have a genuine EML light. If you remove the plate, the EGR EML will disappear within 5 engine starts (key out between)

Ned at Autolusso has a service where they will plate it and adjust the ECU so the light doesn't come on. There are also some dongles that delete the error code (like hens teeth now as they changed the design of the dongle), or another egr emulator some have talked about.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that.Managed to get hold of a dongle so will blank completely at the weekend.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can i also ask,which plate do i need? I have the square one with no holes but do i also need the diamond shaped one as well?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok,i have put the full blanking plate on the EGR. and guess what,no light showing on dash. I have driven it around 20 miles today,switching ignition on and off,but no light. I have not used the dongle as yet as dont seem to need it. Any thoughts on this?

·
Vendor
46,348 Posts
Ok,i have put the full blanking plate on the EGR. and guess what,no light showing on dash. I have driven it around 20 miles today,switching ignition on and off,but no light. I have not used the dongle as yet as dont seem to need it. Any thoughts on this?
EGR could possibly have already been mapped out of the ECU. If you can connect to the ECU to read the fault codes you might find the code is there but still 'pending'.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts