Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bloody Facebook!

Why do people feel the need to live their lives out on the net.

No I don't want to see your new profile picture which is your latest scan of your unborn child.

No I don't want to know that you have been to the toilet.

No I don't want to read the cheesy comments from your "friends" that you solicited anyway by posting a ........."poor me........" comment.

No I don't want a "gift"

No i hadn't noticed that you have been away for a day because I am not that sad.

No I don't want to watch you massage your ego.

Why don't you get outside and get a (real) life!

There! Thats better:)

·
0 Posts
I dabbled for a while, but I side with the OP - too ****** much! :tut: :mad:

J

·
0 Posts
i like it but there are some people who publish ever action they carry out on there, i don't think i am that bad

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
i think it is a effective way to meet lost friends and organise and see photos, many of the photos on there i would have never seen unless i had facebook and some of the people im friends with once again all made possible because of this site.
not for everyone though. some of my friends think its weird i come on here, but everyone has the right to an opinion.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'd say that starting a thread / posting on AO is akin to doing similar on Facebook.

Doesn't mean you have zero life!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I'd say that starting a thread / posting on AO is akin to doing similar on Facebook.

Doesn't mean you have zero life!
Agreed, very similar thing - all part of a 'virtual' world. I use facebook infrequently - less than AO. Like everything, a sensible, balanced and common-sense approach should stand users in good stead.

I also agree with the OP on a few points, namely that some people are clearly 'needy' and facebook panders to that. I have a cousin who updates her 'status' every hour or so and people are stupid enough to respond to her to her boring crap - "I DON'T BLOODY CARE ABOUT 98% OF YOUR BORING DAY!"

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Never understood that "lost" friend thing.

Surely if the person was someone you wanted to keep in touch with then you would have done!

We have a common interest on here. Yes people talk rubbish but its mostly interesting rubbish!:)

·
Registered
818 Posts
My guilty (and yes a bit sad but hey) pleasure is looking at the photos of "friends-of-a-friend" on Facebook (people you don't know) ...which you often get access to if a friend comments on them.

...some people live in bloody pig-styes I can tell ya :lol:

E

·
0 Posts
My guilty (and yes a bit sad but hey) pleasure is looking at the photos of "friends-of-a-friend" on Facebook (people you don't know) ...which you often get access to if a friend comments on them.

...some people live in bloody pig-styes I can tell ya :lol:
+1 :lol:

People with kids are the worse. Here he is picking his nose, here he is smiling, here my lovely baby, :vomit:

Give it a rest!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts