Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had it for about a week and finally got to see a dentist locally yesterday..they were very good and fitted me in at short notice (my own dentist being 140 miles away..long story)

X ray...bit of prodding (ouch!) identified inflamed root..."OOh there it is" says I as it comes up on screen on the X ray...even I could see the little B*****d.( I could swear there was a little bloke with red hot pins sticking them into my nerves)

Anyway I'm on antibiotics now, which are making me feel even lousier...and I just HAVE to get better as its my weekend yacht racing in the solent next weekend and I will cry for weeks if I miss it..not to mention the money wasted as its paid for.

I have my pincers at the ready to pull the b****r out if it doesn't get better. Any dentists on here???

AlfaLincs

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Be advised, yachting on the Solent can be injurious to your health! Have you completed the risk assessment?

PS Dentists all drive Mercs and Beemers, I think that speaks volumes.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Careful there VO..my late Dad was a tooth puller, and my sister is a dental Hygienist.

Thanks for the sympathy. I do assure you I am giving myself LOTS of sympathy:lol: :lol:

Yes Dad did buy three mercs quite late in life, but only after a lot of persuasion (he'd always wanted one), and then only a couple of 190Es and a 200C..and they were all second hand. He never liked wasting money on new cars. The 190s were wonderful cars, the 200 was cheap and nasty IMHO.

AlfaLincs

·
Super Moderator
60,008 Posts
I hope the tooth settles down, Alfalincs, I've had a couple of teeth die and the pain is pretty much unbearable :( Root canals fixed them up.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do have some oil of cloves..be careful not to get it on your gum..hot burning and not nice at all. You put a drop or two on a cotton bud and gently wipe it on the tooth only..not the skin. It helps.

The pills are giving me a headache and nausea...but thats normal apparently...hey ho.

AlfaLincs

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it sorted a week ago. Yup..a root canal treatment did the trick...and I hardly felt a thing...and I got to go Yotting and we came 8th out of 23 yachts over six races in two days. Had a great dinner on saturday night in Cowes and got fairly well oiled. What fantastic weather we had in the Solent all weekend. It was just about a perfect weekend.

Back at work now:( :( :(

Alfalincs

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
glad all is ok.

I had to have one removed on friday,then got an infection in the hole that it left,then had to have a bit of bone removed today and am on two sets of antibiotics.:cry: :mad: :(

toothache is THE worst

to say i'm sick of weetabix and soup is an understatement(not at the same time you understand)!!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Got it sorted a week ago. Yup..a root canal treatment did the trick...and I hardly felt a thing...and I got to go Yotting and we came 8th out of 23 yachts over six races in two days. Had a great dinner on saturday night in Cowes and got fairly well oiled. What fantastic weather we had in the Solent all weekend. It was just about a perfect weekend.

Alfalincs
Do you do the round the island race too? I live on the island :)

·
Registered
2,592 Posts

Alfalincs
Was going to suggest tying some fishing line round the offending tooth, attaching the other end to the boom and then doing a crash gybe. That would have had the little b*gger out.

I too have a toothache at the moment. :mad: Whiskey and Ibuprofen seem to be controlling it.

BTW as one WAFI to another: what manner of yacht were you racing?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts