Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is awesome. I'd love to see one in the flesh, really really would! :smoker: Below is my own translation of the article on Quattroruote: Effeffe Berlinetta - Al Top Marques Il Modello Definitivo - Novità - Quattroruote.it

The Monaco Top Marques car show will see the introduction of the Effeffe Berlinetta, a 100% Italian, 3-year project by brothers Leonardo and Vittorio Frigerio. The Berlinetta will be a limited series, and offers a classical design and Alfa Romeo engines. The car is completely hand-built, and was developed using modern technology; its creators define it as a “caffe racer on four wheels”.

The chassis was developed using CAD3D systems and computer-based simulations; it is made of 60mm-diameter steel beams organized in honeycomb patterns, and all its components are laser-cut. The body is entirely made of aluminum, the front suspension uses a push road design, while the rear axle uses a Watt’s parallelogram design.

The interior include a wooden Nardi steering wheel, and a dashboard by Jaeger, that displays RPMs, oil pressure, oil temperature, water temperature, and voltage. The pedals are adjustable, and the shift knob is a replica of the Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA’s. The vintage looks use leather, chrome and varnished wood, and offer welcoming, compact seats.

With an overall weight below 1,600lbs, a 180bhp, 2-liter Alfa Romeo engine prepared by Carlo Facetti following Group 2 specifications, and a 5-gear short shifting gear box, the Effeffe is a true sportscar. Its craftsmanship and Made-in-Italy quality add to the overall package, and the customers will enjoy a pleasure to drive that only the best sportscars of the past could provide, without the buffer of any electronic driving assistance.

The design modularity in this project allows for varied Alfa Romeo engine options: a 180bhp 1.8-liter turbo and the famous Busso V6 in the following versions: 220bhp 2-liter turbo, 210bhp 2.5-liter, 230bhp 3-liter.

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
How much will it be..? It's a pity these retro throwback cars are bespoked (expensive) otherwise I'd have one.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,150 Posts
How much will it be..? It's a pity these retro throwback cars are bespoked (expensive) otherwise I'd have one.

Ralf S.
Thats the point Ralf, retro, hand built and Italian, it would be classed as a kit car if it were cheap. That is a peach of bespoke car design and build. Long may they continue. At least as mere mortals we can look and dream.

Reactions: pierre_samanni

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, so I found the following article on AutoBlog... the price they mention is $320,000. The Effeffe Berlinetta is a brand new 1960s Italian GT

Now you watch... we'll be able to 3D-print the body designs we've always dreamed of at a local shop, to put on a tasty kit car... just in time for autonomous cars to become the new normal. :jester:

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,300 Posts
that's certainly very nice. Good find, Pierre! Is the gearbox at the back or front?

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
Looks great! :thumbs:

$320K is certainly way out of my budget, and at first seems daft......... until I think about how much some spend on supercars that can never really be driven anywhere near their limits on the road. If I had the ackers I'd probably go for one of these before a modern Lambo or Ferrari (genuine vintage might still be 1st choice though :) )

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great! :thumbs:

$320K is certainly way out of my budget, and at first seems daft......... until I think about how much some spend on supercars that can never really be driven anywhere near their limits on the road. If I had the ackers I'd probably go for one of these before a modern Lambo or Ferrari (genuine vintage might still be 1st choice though :) )
Check out the following, not sure if you've heard of Davide Cironi, but everyone on this forum should. That guy has a passion for Italian cars and he's very good at what he does - introduce the rest of the world to it. :smoker: He's got an ongoing project of a Lamborghini Countach replica, with a Busso V6 :smoker: and the base - and 'provider' of the engine - is a 166: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLABOv4TbQ1x3Nrx5QnM1jg5j2poZdT_W6

If nobody does I think I will post a thread about Davide Cironi. So much of what he does reminds me of what I felt for my Alfas back in Italy. Including the road trips.

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
Check out the following, not sure if you've heard of Davide Cironi, but everyone on this forum should. That guy has a passion for Italian cars and he's very good at what he does - introduce the rest of the world to it. :smoker: He's got an ongoing project of a Lamborghini Countach replica, with a Busso V6 :smoker: and the base - and 'provider' of the engine - is a 166: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLABOv4TbQ1x3Nrx5QnM1jg5j2poZdT_W6

If nobody does I think I will post a thread about Davide Cironi. So much of what he does reminds me of what I felt for my Alfas back in Italy. Including the road trips.
Scudetto has been posting links to his stuff:thumbs:

here's one:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/gene...rrari-458-review-why-top-gear-is-stuffed.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts