Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deadly Widow Weaves Web Across Britain - Yahoo! News UK

I've actually been bitten three times by spiders so I'm not surprised to read about the 12 types of spider that bite humans in the UK. I friggin' hate spiders...but strangely I use to love them as a kid and would find the biggest ones possible and carry them around with me. I think it was the first time I got bit that I became scared of them. The opposite to Spider Man!!!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
i met a women who was bitten on the thumb by a spider and had to get a metal plate inserted in her finger.
AND THIS WAS A BLOODY UK SPIDER.
No wonder i turn in to a big sissy when i see a spider.
She deals with the spiders in my house as i retreat to a safe distance.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
makes me not want to go to foreign countries with all the bitey stuff they have, especially australia, more stuff there that can kill you with one bite than anywhere else.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,380 Posts
farking horrible things. i was messing about on here the other night and one of them big ugly buggers was crawling up my foot, shat myself i did!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
That's what vacuum cleaners are for.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Can never understand why people get so scared of spiders.

The average human must be about a million* times heavier than an average spider. Just step on it, no messing, job done. :thumbs: Imagine being faced with a creature a million times your size and about to step on you, who'd be the more scared you or him? :lol:

I'm not exactly what you'd call an animal lover, in fact I can't stand most of the little slimey / hairy feckers, but I never harm them and even when Miss Freddie is screaming at me (from the safety of the chair she's standing on) to flatten a spider I always pick 'em up and put the little fellas outside.

* just guessing as usual!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
My son's mother had a turantula when I first met her. It wasn't even a nice looking colourful Spider. Just some scruffy brown thing.
Her mother used to sit in the front room with it sitting on her shoulder. She let it walk over her. Even into her cleavage:eek:

Came walking towards me with it once.
Had only met her on 3 previous occassions and there I was telling her what I would do to that fecking spider if she took one more step.Swear words included:eek:

When we got a place together I made her get rid of it.
Wasn't having it in the house:tut:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
My son's mother had a turantula when I first met her. It wasn't even a nice looking colourful Spider. Just some scruffy brown thing.
Her mother used to sit in the front room with it sitting on her shoulder. She let it walk over her. Even into her cleavage:eek:

Came walking towards me with it once.
Had only met her on 3 previous occassions and there I was telling her what I would do to that fecking spider if she took one more step.Swear words included:eek:

When we got a place together I made her get rid of it.
Wasn't having it in the house:tut:
Christ if that thing was in my house it would have taken a trip to the sea via the toilet.

·
Registered
864 Posts
People that keep spiders, reptiles and the like as 'pets' are totally deluded. By all means have one if you want, give it a stupid name and its own little house and so on... but it is not and will never be a pet - just simply a creature that happens to live in your house through absolutely no fault or choice of its own.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
People that keep spiders, reptiles and the like as 'pets' are totally deluded. By all means have one if you want, give it a stupid name and its own little house and so on... but it is not and will never be a pet - just simply a creature that happens to live in your house through absolutely no fault or choice of its own.
Yep very true. She swapped the spider for a rather vicious iguana:rolleyes:

·
Registered
380 Posts
This is true, my friend used to keep giant African snails as pet's??? bizarre

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
farking horrible things. i was messing about on here the other night and one of them big ugly buggers was crawling up my foot, shat myself i did!
I hope you cleaned it up :tut:

Not really bothered by em meself in less they're real big ones :eek: :lol:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh I do hope Kurz is reading this and it scares him off for good :D :D :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are we talking about the original, 916 or Brera Spider people don't like? ;)

Hate things with too many legs, once a friend asked me to help move her fishtank. Was scared of the lobster in it, made her lift it!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I notice the headline '...spreading because of climate change...'

Then at the bottom it's states that they have been here for a 140 years:confused:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hate the ****ers! I went to bed a while back and saw one on the floor dead.....so i thought.

The blighter was asleep or something. I don't even like them dead, so I got a glass to remove the body, when I placed it over it woke up and started doing the wall of death!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts