Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With huge thanks to Edraven71 for being brilliant and sorting this run out for us all. Please do come along, I think this will be a really good day out.

This event will take place on Sunday 17th August.

The plan is to start at Waldridge Fell at the back of Chester le Street (nice car park to meet there) then run the scenic route through to Lanchester then over the fells heading towards Stanhope, then down to St Johns Chapel where there is a decent car park for a stop and also a cafe for a brew if required.

From there we will turn off over the hills heading toward Middleton-in-Teesdale then again turning off toward's Brough down some great roads with some stunning views and finally we hit the A66 East bound for a few miles to end at the Cross Lanes farm which offers great Snackage or meals for the hungry driver (the cheesecake is amazing) About Cross Lanes Organic Farm.

Ed has picked an absolute corker of a route, plenty of fast roads to drive carefully over ;) and some amazing views. Lots of places to have something nice to eat. I hear he's also sorted the weather. :thumbs:

Please use the RSVP facility here to confirm that you can come along. We'd love to see everyone. We're dead friendly. :inlove:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I'm pretty hopeful I can make it, but waiting confirmation regarding a possible visit by my Mother-in-Law (I'm on a three-line whip to be present if she does :rolleyes:) - looks a great run out!

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good to me. I'll be having breakfast on the banks of Loch Ness - I doubt I'll swing it with the missus. :cry:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Gone and flogged the Alfa today, so anyone mind if we turn up in a Fiat Barchetta? Technically it's got an Alfa engine....

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Gone and flogged the Alfa today, so anyone mind if we turn up in a Fiat Barchetta? Technically it's got an Alfa engine....
More than welcome, always liked the Barchetta so be fun to see one.

Anymore takers out there, it will be guaranteed sun and cake, I mean come on how can you refuse:thumbs:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi all, can somebody give me a postcode or address to put in my sat nav? I dont really know chester le street and I dont want to be responsible for making everyone late for cake!

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
If you put DH2 3RY in it will get you to the village hall (on your right if you coming from Chester le Street), follow the road for a bit more(50yds), it bends right then the car park is on your left just after the bend.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Well weather is forecast as Sunny/Partly cloudy so should be a good run over the top.
Still time for all you maybe's to swap to a yes, Go on you know you want to:D

1 - 20 of 55 Posts