Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that there is no longer a time limit for editing your own posts - i.e. I am able to edit posts that are years old.

I'm not sure that this is such a good idea, as this could potentially change the whole meaning of some threads and may cause embarrasment or offence if abused.

I'm not demanding that it be switched back to the way it was, but forum members should be made aware of this, and perhaps the feature should be reviewed if there is a strong feeling about this one.

Cheers.

·
Administrator
45,065 Posts
Re: Editing old posts

I think that, if you go back after mor than a few mins, it leaves a note at the bottom of the post saying it has been edited.

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Cheers, Bazza.:)

It would appear from your reply, plus some other feedback I have had from my post, that my recollection of how the old board worked is somewhat confused.:confused: :(

Must be old age. :rolleyes: :p

If this is the case, please ignore the ramblings of this senile old man, and go about your business.

Thank you.

;)

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts

?????

Time Limit on Editing of Thread Titles are set to 30 minutes
We have specified that the time-limit (in minutes) within which the thread may have a poll added to it. is also 30 minutes. (Lounge permitting polls only)

This is where I get confused as we have always allowed users to edit their own posts indefinitely?

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts

Yes you are right Bazza - We give the member a time limit of 5 minutes to allow the user to edit their posts without the [Edited by xxx] message appearing at the bottom of the edited post. After 5 minues, it will show "Edited By"

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for clearing that up for me, Ian (& Bazza) :cool:

Sorry for confusing everyone :(

I am now slightly less confused than I was before :p ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts