Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
400 Miles,

Got 380 out of the tank (could of done 400 if I hadn't done spiritedly put my foot down a few times)

29.7 MPG average :)

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
That's rather good Joe, what speeds we're you doing? As I went up to Cumbria when I 1st got the GTA and got there using 3/4 of a tank over 300 miles doing 80/85 all the way there :)

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
about 70 all the way really. cruise control on. quite boring.
Groovy :) if your free at all as your down this way then would be good to meet up with you for a drink and catch up :thumbs:

·
Vendor
45,777 Posts
Fail :p

Leighton Buzzard to York & back, including some town driving in my old silver GTA, 430 miles, 58 litres to fill up, 34mpg :thumbs:

I did get 3 points the weekend before though, so I was driving miss daisy :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Booo.....

Well every car is different. If I did 60 all the way it does get over 30MPG.. around 32-34 usually.

·
Vendor
45,777 Posts
To be honest there is no badge of honour for getting the most fuel economy out of a GTA is there? :eek:

·
Banned
3,532 Posts

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just did London to Edinburgh last night...

26MPG average and that was much more fun.. Especially with the S4 through Newcastle :thumbs:

My god they are quick..

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Oh if anyones interested it was the S4 B5 variant twin turbo 2.5.. I'm suspecting it was mapped too.
2.7 they are Joe. They map to around 320, but theres plenty around that are a helluva lot more than that (with the turbos changed, usually to the K04's off the B5 RS4). :thumbs:

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I held my own up to a certain speed then he just left me for dead :lol:

Must get my remap and other bits done soon.. :)

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Can't keep up with tuned forced induction in a Gta I suspect unless it's bored out or forced as well. A uk turbocharged Gta would be awesome.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I'm up for it dan, but will be the later half of next year when I'll have disposable income, I could do it sooner but not worth the grief I will get from the better half.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts