Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been searching threads and even looked at Alfa Service manual for the location of my cars ecu!:( I have the airbag light problem and have recently bought the interface and have just downloaded the UniDiag software and now need to connect to the ecu but! i can't find it, currently have looked around fuse box, rear parcel shelf area(Floor Area), Glovebox area and also under bonnet next to throttle sensor. My car is a 1997 2.0TS spider, can any of you guys better advise me as what it is im looking for and where?:confused:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Tried under the steering wheel?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
What you are looking for is the Diagnostics port, rather than the ECU itself, which is under the steering wheel

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
am i right in saying that as a 1997 its only OBD not OBD1/11 can you tell me where and how much the unidiag kit cost, i know there was a link on here somewhere but i thought it was only OBD 11.

neil

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
am i right in saying that as a 1997 its only OBD not OBD1/11 can you tell me where and how much the unidiag kit cost, i know there was a link on here somewhere but i thought it was only OBD 11.

neil
I have also read that the pre mid 1999 cars use an older ECU which in turn uses an older communications protocol, and OBD not OBDII.

I'll try and find the source of the info for you, I think I read it at alfa156.net

edit: here we go:

http://www.alfa145.co.uk/obd.html

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
cheers for that, forgot to mention mines a V6, any ideas??

neil

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Guys,

Thank for getting back so promptly! Right my adventure has so far been, researched the AlfaDiag and as a result was diverted to UniDiag which is free all you need do is join His yahoo newsgroup which many members have, rarebear and others have advised me that it will work with my car? But! i will wait and see and report back, i have purchased the USB-OBD11 interface and i believe that i will have to buy another adaptor for three pin, and then i reckon im good to go?????????
I will post the link in a min

So! under steering wheel is that beside fuse box?

Regards,

UniDiag : UniDiag

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yep looks about right they must have worked on the coding to support the older protocol. Very handy!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If its a P1 it should be on the passenger side bulk head!

kARMA.:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts