Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all i did a ECU reset the battery was off for 5 days when i started my car it would not idle and stalls so i had to press the throttle to keep it going i went for a spin and when i come back it still wont idle unless i press the throttle then it is a bit rough but drives well

any ideas or shall i do the reset agane :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
497 Posts
HI all i did a ECU reset the battery was off for 5 days when i started my car it would not idle and stalls so i had to press the throttle to keep it going i went for a spin and when i come back it still wont idle unless i press the throttle then it is a bit rough but drives well

any ideas or shall i do the reset agane :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
It seem to be an adaptation problem. Try the following procedure:

1 - Disconnect the battery for 45 minutes.
2 - Put the key in position "int" without starting the engine for 90 seconds.
3 - Turn off the key and wait another 90 seconds
4 - Start the engine and let it running until the cooling fan starts (approx. 15 minutes)
5 - See if the problem has gone.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seem to be an adaptation problem. Try the following procedure:

1 - Disconnect the battery for 45 minutes.
2 - Put the key in position "int" without starting the engine for 90 seconds.
3 - Turn off the key and wait another 90 seconds
4 - Start the engine and let it running until the cooling fan starts (approx. 15 minutes)
5 - See if the problem has gone.
thats what i did but No 4 i have it rev it when i start it but after a few revs it runs ok i thought i was not supposed to rev it when i start it

·
Registered
497 Posts
Sometimes this procedure resolves the throttle adaptation problem. Sometimes the problem comes back again later. If this is the case, an adaptation using any diagnostic tool (e.g. MultiECUScan) should be done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts