Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I haven't got an Alfa (yet) :) In the mean time I have a question regarding my 1994 Fiat Tipo 2.0 16V. I'm not sure if the Tipo shares engine managemnt system with the Alfa 155 of the same age? Anybody know if I can check the ECU fault codes on my car without taking it to a Fiat/Alfa garage? I read somewhere it's possible to flash the codes manually on the Alfa 155. Any body out there with some Fiat knowledge?

Regards,
Ante
1994 Fiat Tipo 16V

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to say, afaik the Tipo got the Magnetti/Marelli IAW system.

Ante

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ante,
If you switch the ignition on, and tap the accerator pedal 5 times (right to the floor), the engine fuel injection light should flash off a four figure code. Each digit is from 1 to 4 denoted by that number of flashes on the warning light. For example code 4-4-4-4 denotes no faults.
Somewhere on this site is a full list of ECU fault codes. However if you can't find them, send Wrinx a PM as he has them.

Hope this helps,
Mark. :)
Mark.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi Wrinx, do you know if this ECU error codes check works in the 16 valves, 2 L ?
Because i tried it twice and no codes appeared.

Cheers
Jorge

·
Banned
477 Posts
hmmm me too- just tried it out of interest on my 2l 16v and nothing happened. Was something changed between 1995 and 1996?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry guys, it doesnt seem to be fitted to the 2.0 16v's. This was mentioned in another post recently :(

You can test using a test meter and poking about in the wiring. I'll see if I can find the post.

wrinx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts