Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fantastic cover!!! £339 for me and my partner, Free breakdown cover and legal cover too......

Others were ranging from £500 upwards.

Hastings Direct quoted £1200!!!!!!

And I work for them!!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ecar were the cheapest for me too - £2000 a year........

But others wanted silly amounts like £3800 a year!

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Funny thing is I've just gone from ecar to Hastings saving £130, it always pays to shop around each year

·
Registered
938 Posts
Ecar were the cheapest for me too - £2000 a year........

But others wanted silly amounts like £3800 a year!
I would have thought £2000 was a silly amount, maybe that's just me

·
Registered
583 Posts
21 years old, had licence for 2 months and a group 15 car = scandalous insurance!

The 17 year old lad who bought my 1.0 Polo was paying the same
amount so its not so bad...!

·
Registered
25 Posts
*im 22, (23 in october) got 5 years no claims although only been driving 2 years (3 years no calims from my motorbike (which only direct line will take lol)) just got my 156 TS, 2l. Paying around 850 a year, which is only 200 more than my old ****ty Astra 1.7TD, which was 3rd party. No-one else could get near it, AF wouldnt take the Motorbike no claims and quoted 1100, which isnt too bad considering, maybe in 2 or 3 years ill be able to move to them!

H

·
0 Posts
On my Nissan 200SX I was with direct Line. So before buying my Alfa I went online, and got a quote from Direct Line to insure the Alfa. '£490' they said, which was much less than i was paying for the Nissan, so I went ahead and bought the car.

Sold the Nissan and transfered the insurance over. 'We'll rebate you £28 for the final month of your policy' they said. Which was nice.

Then a month later the automatic renewal letter came through the door. 'Don't do anything, we'll automatically renew your insurance for you! Next year, your premium will be just £720' (!!!!!)

Cue a bit of shopping around, and after a whole 20 minutes online came up with E-sure and their quote of £420 with protected NCB.

So lesson learned, when the automatic renewal letter comes through the door, don't be lazy, shop around!

·
Registered
46 Posts
£400 fully comp. Admiral Insurance with my wife as a driver as well. It helps having loads of no claims bonus, mainly due to owning a GTV since 2000 in 2.0 form and then a 3.0 from 2003 to present. You have to shop around. 28 yrs old living just outside London. Post codes are the trick!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts