Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Someone is saying it's an insurance write-off on an HPI check. From the pictures, I'd say it's had a 'light restoration' meaning a bit of a cheap waft over of paint and few other bits to tart the car up. Of course, you'd need to see it in the flesh to confirm this. A real minter is worth £8k-£9k now and rising.

A car of that age is bound to have some history but I think I'd run a mile if it's classed as an insurance write-off. The car will have very little integrity in my view.

Reactions: GJR68 and Spider95

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Yes it looks like the car was rejected before due to the HPI check etc.

Also the seller clearly has an attitude problem, with comments such as "Stupid offers will not be answered, so don't waste my time or yours". That is not the way to market and sell a car.

Best avoided.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Yes it looks like the car was rejected before due to the HPI check etc.

Also the seller clearly has an attitude problem, with comments such as "Stupid offers will not be answered, so don't waste my time or yours". That is not the way to market and sell a car.

Best avoided.
Agreed. That fact that he's defensive from the off makes it clear all is not what it's cracked up to be in my book. I wouldn't even bother making an enquiry let alone take a look at the car if I was in the market...

Reactions: Spider95 and GJR68

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback . I've contacted the seller and he's clearly not the full shilling.:ermm: The phone number on the e-bay ad is also wrong even though he's being trying to sell it for 6 months !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts