Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I might have mentioned in another thread the driver seat on my G has a bit of sagging in the seat base.

So, I ordered another driver seat from ebay, to replace it...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331604814304?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

They have only gone and sent me the passenger side. :depressed:

What do you people think the likelyhood of me loosing out on the return postage is? I cannot see why I should end up out of pocket for something that isn't my fault.

·
Registered
37,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the thing, you cannot just open a case now.

You have to go through the returns process, and to do that I need to pay retrun postage up front with little chance of getting it back at the end.

I am sure this helps stop abuse of the system, but in cases like this the buyer is going to loose out.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Just mention that you will return it upon them paying return postage up front. if an item is significantly not as described eBay requires sellers to send a pre-paid postage label.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Agreed, it clearly isn't the described item so the seller must pay the the full return carriage.

That's on top of the fact he must pay you a FULL refund once he gets it back.

Just make sure you provide full details within the return process (including I'd suggest a photo)

EDIT: Always contact the seller first though as it I may well be a genuine mistake in which case he might even offer the other side for free!

·
Registered
37,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone.

For now I have just sent the seller a message. They must know that they have sent the wrong one, as the "Correct" one will still be there. (The passenger side is still being advertised)

My previous experiences of things like this haven't been all that great to be honest, and I have always ended up loosing out so optimism isn't very high at the moment.

I have a feeling the seller won't even bother to reply, and I will end up sending it back at my cost.

I rarely sell anything on ebay now, if this ends up making me a loss I am going to just quit ebay altogether.

·
Registered
37,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol,

I have just noticed on the returns page that I can buy a returns label for £2.99 with the royal mail.

Shall I pay for it, print the label and take the seat doen to my local post office?

I have sent back smaller stuff with that method, but I am pretty sure this seat is too big. It is about 20-25Kg I reckon.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The seller must pay the return postage if they are in the wrong. It's down to them and ebay will deduct it from their account if you print the label on a not as returned case.

I run an ebay shop and it's a PITA when people use the not as described option when you've done nothing wrong just to avoid paying the return postage. I sold a £2.99 watch strap, with the listing very clearly stating that the watch pictured was not included and was only for demonstration, but the buyer sent me a snotty message asking where their £500 dive watch was. They then opened a not as described case and it took me over a month to get the case removed from my stats.

On the other hand, we do get things wrong from time-to-time and I wish that buyers would first give us the option of sorting them out before going direct to claims. It doesn't make any difference to us cost-wise, but every claim hits our seller rating which in turn hits our fees.

Contact the buyer using the ask a question option. That way doesn't automatically trigger a case, so you'll be in the seller's good-books straight away. If they don't respond, or they ask you to pay the return postage, then go down the not as described case route and you'll get your money back guaranteed as long as you can prove what you're claiming.

·
Vendor
45,943 Posts
You need to open a "significantly not as described case". Then a returns label will be generated for you at no cost (ebay will charge it to the seller's account).

But, just try messaging them first as they may just send you the driver's one, they might not necessarily want the passenger one back if its going to cost them postage.

(Edit: see you already have messaged them, hopefully they will respond soon)

·
Registered
37,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You need to open a "significantly not as described case". Then a returns label will be generated for you at no cost (ebay will charge it to the seller's account).

But, just try messaging them first as they may just send you the driver's one, they might not necessarily want the passenger one back if its going to cost them postage.

(Edit: see you already have messaged them, hopefully they will respond soon)
Cheers Dan. I will give them until the end of Monday to get back to me, because if it is a business ebay account there might not be anyone there to reply to me.

Hopefully by being fair I can get a good outcome.

I have no need for a passenger seat though, so if I end up keeping it I will most likely sell it on.

The drivers one with the sagging base is going to end up as a garage chair.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts