Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having a clear out on flea bay recently, used it for years problem free. Now have first idiot buyer.
I listed my IPhone 3GS 16gb white for 99p and happily watched it sail gently to £160. Reasonable price I thought. 2 days later no contact from buyer who set up his account on the 18th of Jaunary and won my auction on the 20th Nothing!

Now have to go through the whole mess of non paying bidder claims!

Hope he gets the clap!

End of rant!

·
Registered
37,756 Posts
You will have the winning bidders address, email address, and possibly telephone number (providing they gave the correct details) when the listing ends.

Sign them up for some spam, junk mail and dodgy marketing calls. ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
a few days isnt so long, ebay wont do anything for ages anyway
you could offer the item to the next highest bidder it would save you messing around for ebay to sort it out

·
Registered
934 Posts
I think its 3 days, and if no contact you can offer to 2nd chance ... I've used E-bay for many years only had one issue, where a "girlfriend" listed her boyfriends guitar on his e-bay account, as revenge for him not doing the dishes or ironing or something ... I won but he wanted to cancel the sale... In the end it wasnt worth the hassle of pursuing him. I suggested he change either his ebay password or girlfriend...

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Having trouble as a buyer at the mo' - won a phone on the 16th of Jan - first class recorded delivery, so expected it last week.
Am not impatient when it comes to ebayer deliveries, but when there was no sign of the phone yesterday, I started to wonder...
Checked on Ebay, payment still being processed by Paypal - eh? :confused:
Checked on Paypal & the funds definitely left my bank account on the 16th.
Have tried to contact the seller a few times over that period to no avail.
My conclusion is that they have entered the wrong email contact on Ebay, therefore they will never recieve the funds or my emails asking for a resonse.

So, start to make enquiries (what a ballache that is), :mad: , Paypal tells me the seller has the funds, Ebay says they don't, scuse me, they are effectively the same company aren't they?! :rolleyes:
Ebay & Paypal are bliddy useless when it comes to this kind of thing, I now have to wait a further two weeks until they might issue a refund, why should I lose out for so long? :rant:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
only ever had a problem with one ebayer. the value was tiny, a tenner or so, but it was the principle of it. some people are so thick they shouldn't be allowed on the internet

i was selling a sky remote control, and had the model type listed on the ad with a note to check it was the correct one before bidding

1) woman messages me asking what model it was (durr.. read the listing??)

2) i replied telling her what model it was and she should check it's the right one before bidding

3) she says yes, she's checked it's the right one and will be placing a bid

4) she ends up winning the auction and i sent the package out. easy peasy, i thought

5) then another message from her - it's the wrong model of remote, can she have a refund. total retard.

6) reluctantly agreed, and gave her the refund

7) can she have some more refund to cover the £2 postage she's incurred in sending it back to me

8) NO YOU ****ING CAN'T :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts