Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bloody marvelous,won a trampoline for my daughter, went & collected it on Saturday ,paid the bloke £122. Well his wife sends mail saying it was £20 short, I said I counted it twice etc . I was sure i was right but a slight doubt in my mind so I left them good feedback & sent her £20 through paypal. Now she's ranting on that she has to pay paypal fee's on the £20 ??
I said hold on ,on your listing its got paypal preferred/accepted ,yes she says ,if I did not put that I could not have listed it but at the bottom she has put no paypal ??

I never even looked at that as I was going up to pay in cash, I don't know some people ,you just can't win??

·
Administrator
23,020 Posts
Bloody marvelous,won a trampoline for my daughter, went & collected it on Saturday ,paid the bloke £122.
That's where it ends. You paid, he accepted.

You owe no more - by paying £20 more they are taking you for a mug (I know you are not - just a decent person with doubts) and now they are trying to milk you for more?

Simple answer? - an email saying "Fu**" Off - do your worst".

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Ebay is getting worse......

Relisted our first Sky box this time collection only. A man from dublin won it. For £5.19!
He wanted us to send it. We agreed but told him we would only use international tracked at a cost of £22.
He said no surface was fine.
We said no because too many items "never arrive"
He said he would pay "up to £20".
We said no. Its £22 (cost price) or nowt.
He didnt want it.
Muppet:)

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
Well - just to balance the books....

We just sold a wardrobe for 133 quid. Couple came to collect it, very nice and chatty, they gave me 140 quid when they arrived (I counted it in front of them) and put it on the side while I helped them load the wardrobe into their motor. Chatted a bit about the weather, the garden etc with them - then they drove off.

10 minutes later I realised I hadnt given them their 7 quid change so I called them on their mobile and they said not to worry as I'd helped them load the wardrobe so no problems.
:thumbs:

Decent folk tend to do the decent thing.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts

We just sold a wardrobe for 133 quid. Couple came to collect it, very nice and chatty, they gave me 140 quid when they arrived (I counted it in front of them) and put it on the side while I helped them load the wardrobe into their motor. Chatted a bit about the weather, the garden etc with them - then they drove off.

10 minutes later I realised I hadnt given them their 7 quid change so I called them on their mobile and they said not to worry as I'd helped them load the wardrobe so no problems.

I bet they wish they had brought the right money!!!!!!!:lol::lol:

·
Registered
864 Posts

Yeah sounds like a good technique that :thumbs: keep 'em chatting, help out a bit then it's bye bye enjoy your wardrobe etc... wait ten minutes to ring them, just long enough not to be worth their while coming back and bingo you're in the clear, seven quid up. Nice one!

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I'm sure it is against Ebay rules not to accept paypal.
Sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore so no worries there.
As has been said above they accepted the money so should have counted it, their fault not yours.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
i bought some sprint alloys off ebay. went to collect them and the guy had been to the pub obviously :D. we had a nice talk about his yellow sprint and went. bargin for only 20 quid. decent bloke aswell :thumbs:

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
Bloody marvelous,won a trampoline for my daughter, went & collected it on Saturday ,paid the bloke £122. Well his wife sends mail saying it was £20 short, I said I counted it twice etc . I was sure i was right but a slight doubt in my mind so I left them good feedback & sent her £20 through paypal. Now she's ranting on that she has to pay paypal fee's on the £20 ??
I said hold on ,on your listing its got paypal preferred/accepted ,yes she says ,if I did not put that I could not have listed it but at the bottom she has put no paypal ??

I never even looked at that as I was going up to pay in cash, I don't know some people ,you just can't win??
****** pikeys,

I would have told them to **** right off like:mad:

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
He said no surface was fine.
We said no because too many items "never arrive"
He said he would pay "up to £20".
We said no. Its £22 (cost price) or nowt.
He didnt want it.
Muppet:)
Yeah, and now (for certain listings), they're forcing sellers to give free domestic shipping (see my rant!). Like you, I wouldn't ship by non-secure methods because too many people claim items haven't arrived and get a refund plus the item! So, it's a significant cost to absorb. All eBay want to do is rake more money in for doing ***** all :mad:

I'm sure it is against Ebay rules not to accept paypal
That's not correct. You can choose to take payment by PayPal or not. Considering the amount of money PayPal (ie. eBay - again!) charges, I can well understand people not wanting to use their service. What with listing fees, sales fees, payment charges, currency conversions that bear no resemblance to the exchange rates...

The point of the original thread, though, was that they had checked the PayPal option but then noted further down that they didn't accept it :rolleyes:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ebay really does suck big time...

Listed my Blackberry storm, sold it, guy paid by paypal, received it and then a few days later he decided he didn't want it as his missus was giving him grief about spending the money, before i could reply he put a dispute into Paypal as 'item seriously different to description' WTF!!

So i have agreed to take it back, so long as he sends it back the same way i sent it to him, trackable and insured, he refuses :tut: wants to send it standard post :eek:

there is a spoilt child syndrome going on, if the seller doesn't get the answer they want they threaten you wil negative feedback or they slap a claim into paypal

:censored:'s

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Listed my Blackberry storm, sold it, guy paid by paypal, received it and then a few days later he decided he didn't want it as his missus was giving him grief about spending the money, before i could reply he put a dispute into Paypal as 'item seriously different to description' WTF!!
Ridiculous :rolleyes:

So i have agreed to take it back, so long as he sends it back the same way i sent it to him, trackable and insured, he refuses :tut: wants to send it standard post
It's not much to ask, is it? You bend over backwards...and it's still not enough :mad:

there is a spoilt child syndrome going on, if the seller doesn't get the answer they want they threaten you wil negative feedback or they slap a claim into paypal
You're right. A lot of people are unable to accept they've made a mistake and are always looking for a way to avoid their responsibilities.

ps. Out of interest, how much are you asking for it?!

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I think once you'd left the cash they were very lucky for you to add the extra £20, unbelievable for them to then rant about the fact you paid it even when it was their fault not to check it before you left, unless they just nicked the cash themselves

I have recently bought 3 different items from ebay sellers in Germany................so far I've not received any of them to my UK address :rant:

everything I've bought in the UK has been sent without problem :p

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I have recently bought 3 different items from ebay sellers in Germany................so far I've not received any of them to my UK address
You haven't bought anything from me, then! 100% feedback over 8 years :thumbs:. That's why I only ship with a decent, trackable service.

ps. If you're looking for genuine Oakley sunglasses at superb prices, let me know...;)

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
You haven't bought anything from me, then! 100% feedback over 8 years :thumbs:. That's why I only ship with a decent, trackable service.

ps. If you're looking for genuine Oakley sunglasses at superb prices, let me know...;)
:lol:

I'm sure its just bad luck and nothing else and hopefully sorted soon, maybe international shipping is more difficult than it would appear ;)

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
how much ? ;)

on a kind of seperate note, has anyone recently successfully listed a Clasified Advert? I list some vans for my fatehr in law, and since the begingin of the week i can not relist them as clasifieds? anyone else get this?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts