Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought a 155 1.8 TS of ebay at the weekend... and for everyone who looked and knew/thought better thanks! You may yet have the last laugh however I'm one happy little camper right now.

I only want it for a one trip in the summer and my mates convinced a ratty old b reg golf gti will be so much better... please back me up on this one guys.

So from what I've been led to believe I can now lay claim to the title of petrol head. Apparently the Fords, VWs, Suzuki, Renaults and odds and sods i've owned in the past don't cut it for that one.

So whilst the car looks and seems to run well (ie it's pretty straight, no odd tyre wear and the panel gaps are al;l pretty true) I know sweet FA about these things so if anyone's got any pointers for me to look out for it'd be much apprciated.

And before you say anything I know it's an 8v not a 16v... admittedly thanks to you guys and once it was already on my drive way... D'Oh!
But hey what can you do for a £100...

Cheers

JP

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Your not going on that buy a banger rally thing are you to italy?

Good luck if you are ;)

Someone in the AROC bought a 164 with exactly the same thought and it did him proud.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO, and well done on your bargain purchase, the old twinny 8v is pretty unburstable :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the friendly welcome... no doubt as I dig deeper I'll be calling on you guys for help.
Thanks again.
JP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts