Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,178 Posts
reserve not met?

and drink/buy never knew that term but I have that a lot of the time:lol:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Hasn't that one been for sale before, very recently? I've a feeling there was one, that colour, with a busted foglight for sale in Edinburgh a month or so ago. I wonder if there's anythign scary about it that someone's just discovered?

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
It was for sale a few months ago I think (it was on PH classifieds or Autotrader), but I don't think it was the one in Scotland as it was 4 counties away from me rather than in a different country. It was advertised with different photos in a lane besides an open field somewhere green and trees/hedgerow beside it.

The one for sale with the flat faced alloys in Scotland was an early 12v?

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
:lol: MrsH always spots my bids, and I always say "Well I knew I wouldn't get it at that price" :D

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
: MrsH always spots my bids, and I always say "Well I knew I wouldn't get it at that price"
:D
:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:
:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:
:cheese: :cheese:
:cheese::cheese:
:cheese:

Priceless H.

Mrs P is always in blissful ignorance until one of the baby p's open their big gobbs.

BUTT the look on their faces when I went oot furra pakora and came back wie Lucy
Stu the blue's grin was like nice motor but your dead
and he spends more on a weekend on the raz.

baby P no another auld alfa.

MrsP never heard her as I was halfway doon the street.

saft but no daft

err n
daft but no stupid.....well IMHO

Pomeo

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
It's back with a buy it now price of £725.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1993-K-ALFA-ROMEO-164-V6-SUPER-3-0-24V-Service-History-Black-Leather-MET-GREY-/290648073558?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43abf9a556

So a list of when and where it was serviced from 1993 to 2005 but no name for who did the cambelt service or a photo of the invoice when that was done 1,000 miles ago?

Call me cynical but when Pud and others are saying it's difficult to get bits for these and Ph1 3 litre GTVs that bit of information may make all the difference to someone that may be contemplating a 164.

That the advert raises more questions than it answers was a point I made here:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-164-and-166/313606-nic-elooking-super-on-e-bay.html

Is it not obvious that giving the details of who did the cambelt service, or details of the cost or a picture of the invoice for the job may help sell it?

There's a dealer much nearer me that sells a few Alfas. I contacted them a couple of years ago when they were selling a likely looking 156 asking them who did the very recent cambelt service that was mentioned in their advert. 'Can't tell you - data protection/confidentiality, and you'll find that out when you buy the car.' I was interested in buying a car not a folder of receipts. Needless to say I probably won't contact them ever again about any other car or Alfa they may advertise.

I'm also wondering what the benefit of this 164 vendor's eBay feedback is when you can't actually see what they've sold as it's private.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts