Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of months ago or so I bought a 156 1.8 Lusso from Robert in central London (some of you may know him) following some interesting bidding on Ebay. The advert stated that the belt service was carried out by Alfa Lusso in Sussex last year but they have never returned my calls or messages......

I bought it anyway as an urgent temporary replacement for my 156 2.0 Sportpack that provided more than five years of track day fun before it ran a big-end at Goodwood far exceeding my expectations!

Anyhow, on my second day of ownership the replacement 156 suffered total hydraulic failure and I had no clutch and I was on my way to work.....there was a good, highly qualified alfa engineer, just two minutes away but he failed to provide any support at all and so I called Feli at Auto Alfa who has maintained all three of my Alfas always very efficiently.

With Feli's help I was able to drive to work and then drive the next day to his garage near Basildon in Essex with some judicious pedal pumping!

After hydraulic power-flush and oil service the Lusso is a great pleasure to drive thanks to Feli at Auto Alfa!

Moral of the story: What is the value of engineering knowledge and skill when it is bereft of human values?

Thanks again Feli!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Feli has looked after both my 156's for the last 8 years or so, lovely guy and so helpful, I still take the car to him even though I've moved across the other side of the river. IMHO well worth the extra journey to someone you know is going to look after you and the car properly :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts