Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Looks good, I would prefer it without the bodykit though....

:yikes::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Low mileage & 1 owner is a positive yes. However, sounds like it has a patchy record of service history, no mention of how many years ago cambelt was done and sounds like rust has set in. What's the floorpan going to be like?

·
Vendor
46,135 Posts
:yikes::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Low mileage & 1 owner is a positive yes. However, sounds like it has a patchy record of service history, no mention of how many years ago cambelt was done and sounds like rust has set in. What's the floorpan going to be like?
Its a 54 plate so will have the stiffening plate in the N/S/R footwell which is a rust trap, however its an easy fix. If its just this, and the arches and roof then not a big deal for a low mileage, full history collectable car. Even if you spent a grand on paint and rust protection and then garaged it for light use, its value would rise very quickly in the next few years.

If the timing belt was changed at 39k miles, then that would be at some point between the MOT in October 2011 at 38,072 miles and the MOT in October 2012 at 40,491 miles. Its either a 4 year old or 5 year old belt kit which has done approx 10k miles. I'd change it, but I'd not be particularly worried about buying it and driving it home.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Whilst it is low mileage, loving the bidding so far . 6 days left and over £7k will be watching this to see where it ends up. What with that and a 119k SW asking over £7k without a respray makes for interesting times for 156 GTA fortunes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Whilst it is low mileage, loving the bidding so far . 6 days left and over £7k will be watching this to see where it ends up. What with that and a 119k SW asking over £7k without a respray makes for interesting times for 156 GTA fortunes.
Mine doesn't need a respray necessarily as the bodywork is in very good condition. Its me being critical. It received paintwork by the previous owner which addressed the wings, so no problems there. If I had the car resprayed at circa £3.5k I think the car would fetch higher. I will likely have to wait a while for some interest, I know this. I think these cars are starting to climb in value albeit a niche market (hence the wait). Hopefully on friday when I give the car a clean the new images will show my car in a better light if ive given the wrong initial impression. The 49K model IMO looks like it needs more work than mine cosmetically if im honest, combined with a large service straight away. I would say that its a 10K car from day one (2k body(cheap) and 1k service + current bid). you would end up with a cracking example though with low miles so IMO its worth it still. Mine on the other hand is advertised at the top price but negotiations will obviously take place.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Holy grail of GTA buying? - One Owner, Low Mileage, 330mm already fitted, Quaiffe done. Spend 3k on Bodywork/Alloys/Brake refurb and another 2k on Mechanicals and you would have one of the nicest GTA's. Will be interesting to see the auction finish.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'm can't get full access to the ad from my phone, but from the pictures I can see the wheels need refurbing, the driver's seat bolster has gone AWOL (and no, they don't 'all' do this if one is careful), and it looks like the front disc is corroded on the outer surface area so new 330mm discs and pads are needed. The miles and single owner are in it's favour....but what do we always advise...??....buy on condition.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I'm can't get full access to the ad from my phone, but from the pictures I can see the wheels need refurbing, the driver's seat bolster has gone AWOL (and no, they don't 'all' do this if one is careful), and it looks like the front disc is corroded on the outer surface area so new 330mm discs and pads are needed. The miles and single owner are in it's favour....but what do we always advise...??....buy on condition.
I agree - buy on condition and that's why this is not up for sale at circa £12k or more

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Holy grail of GTA buying? - One Owner, Low Mileage, 330mm already fitted, Quaiffe done. Spend 3k on Bodywork/Alloys/Brake refurb and another 2k on Mechanicals and you would have one of the nicest GTA's. Will be interesting to see the auction finish.
Bid for £7,100 has been retracted, back to £6,900 with 5 days to go...

·
Vendor
46,135 Posts
I'm going to be selling my low mileage 156 GTA soon too (although this one is a little different!)

Link

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
That's bidding on eBay. Could have sold for a lot more privately in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts