Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're after an Alfa indy close to Home which is Great Harwood, near Blackburn. Anybody recommend one in our area please?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come say Hello in here :D

North West - Alfa Romeo Forum

I'm only round the corner from you in Hapton and I work in Altham and RGWM lives in Padiham I'm sure we can help :D
I come to Hapton Animal feeds every other day, and I used to live in Padiham. We're after a good service for our 156 1.8ts. Can you help please?

·
Banned
57,288 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Not heard anything bad and I don't recall any bad threads on here about them :)

But I don't recommend anyone I've never used :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not heard anything bad and I don't recall any bad threads on here about them :)

But I don't recommend anyone I've never used :)

Fair enough. I've asked for quotes off both, so we'll see what comes back.

So what car do you drive just in case I spot you when going to Hapton? I'm in a Volvo, so no point looking for an Alfa.........at the moment.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And nearly as rare as yellow 854 Volvo's round these parts :lol:
Just been looking at them on the bay, and whatever colour, they are a gorgeous machine. If you see a Volvo flashing at you, it will probably be me, as I will be keeping an eye out for you now.

I used to live on Oxford Close and went to Padiham Green PC. Me and me Son are Clarets fans as well.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
hi mark, loads of us round east lancs on here. there's gaz in blackburn (don't talk to him about footy whatever you do!), i'm between bury & ramsbottom and there's a few more down this end too like 73gtvjim & mr dunamis :thumbs:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi mark, loads of us round east lancs on here. there's gaz in blackburn (don't talk to him about footy whatever you do!), i'm between bury & ramsbottom and there's a few more down this end too like 73gtvjim & mr dunamis :thumbs:
I presume that Gaz is a Rovers fan then? Who do you use for your servicing and general mechanical work please?

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
yeah gaz is a rovers fan but *whispers* he was born in burnley :lol:

i'm another advocate of gus at alfatune in st helens. again, it's a 30/40min drive but worth it i reckon. not sure about the place in haslingden - i know they sell a lot of parts but not sure if he does servicing etc

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah gaz is a rovers fan but *whispers* he was born in burnley :lol:

i'm another advocate of gus at alfatune in st helens. again, it's a 30/40min drive but worth it i reckon. not sure about the place in haslingden - i know they sell a lot of parts but not sure if he does servicing etc
Yet another Rovers fan that should be a Claret then. Do Alfatune do courtesy cars, or do you wait whilst the work is done?

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
he's got a courtesy car but it's off the road at the minute (or it was when i was there on wednesday anyway). failing that it's only a 15min walk into the town centre where there's enough to kill a few hours

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Just been looking at them on the bay, and whatever colour, they are a gorgeous machine. If you see a Volvo flashing at you, it will probably be me, as I will be keeping an eye out for you now.

I used to live on Oxford Close and went to Padiham Green PC. Me and me Son are Clarets fans as well.
I'm not local to these parts I'm a Scouser by birth :lol:
I don't do footy which make me a bit of an oddball Scouser :lol:

Blue and Claret took me several coats of magnolia to get rid of in my spare room :cry:

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Just round the corner from me......I'm at the top of the lane that runs down by the side of the Top Shop on St John's Rd.

I do my own servicing - on the odd occasion when I keep a car long enough to service it:rolleyes:, but if I've been pushed I've used a mate of mine, ex- Alfa mechanic, who now runs a mobile mechanic business based around Great Harwood....Marcus on 07931954393...tell him Richard referred you.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just round the corner from me......I'm at the top of the lane that runs down by the side of the Top Shop on St John's Rd.

I do my own servicing - on the odd occasion when I keep a car long enough to service it:rolleyes:, but if I've been pushed I've used a mate of mine, ex- Alfa mechanic, who now runs a mobile mechanic business based around Great Harwood....Marcus on 07931954393...tell him Richard referred you.
So there are several members from around here from what I've seen since joining. On the Volvo forums that I'm on, the nearest guys to me seem to be Leigh/Wigan area.

Cheers for the tip on the mechanic, and I'll give Marcus a call. Sounds like you change your cars like I do, but I'm trying to change my ways and settle to a car now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the guy in Haslingden is called Neil, ive used him, good guy, loves his alfa's and dont charge you the earth, loads of spares stacked on the shelf.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts