Alfa Romeo Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
If anyone wants to organize a little Meet, eg Pub night or a Brekky Meet, just let me know and I'll help out on the admin bits to get it going.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
I'm all for the brekky meet, especially if on a Sunday. No masses out eating early and empty roads, just need some venue ideas.
Sunday breakfast Meets are usually well supported, all that's needed is a " greasy spoon " with half decent parking and a few people to turn up and there you are, a decent gathering.

Is anyone up for sorting one out ?

I'm all for the brekky meet, especially if on a Sunday. No masses out eating early and empty roads, just need some venue ideas.
the Kent/Essex Alfa book meet is at the Pilot Inn 12pm Sunday 1st October. The Essex lot are meeting at Lakeside Services at 1030am on their way down.

Not a breakfast meet...and I've not been on one of their meets before, but I get the feeling that it is more "meet" than "drive"...but of course Dungeness from Essex must involve a drive of some sorts...

I will take the series 2 Spider if the weather is fair.

the Kent/Essex Alfa book meet is at the Pilot Inn 12pm Sunday 1st October. The Essex lot are meeting at Lakeside Services at 1030am on their way down.

Not a breakfast meet...and I've not been on one of their meets before, but I get the feeling that it is more "meet" than "drive"...but of course Dungeness from Essex must involve a drive of some sorts...

I will take the series 2 Spider if the weather is fair.
Is there any of this "Essex Lot" on here?

Hi All,
The weather is getting better!!
Got to going out again in the Alfa.
Went to the Alfa Spring meet yesterday at Duxford.
Great meet and nice to see so many spiders.
Fancy a run out shall we say Sunday May 6th.
Meet at Milton park and ride (Cambridge)
Drive to Maldon Prom via nice sport car roads
Get going look in the diary, and book it in.
We will be there and hopefully have the roof down
Let me know you will be there/
Martin

Hi All,
The weather is getting better!!
Got to going out again in the Alfa.
Went to the Alfa Spring meet yesterday at Duxford.
Great meet and nice to see so many spiders.
Fancy a run out shall we say Sunday May 6th.
Meet at Milton park and ride (Cambridge)
Drive to Maldon Prom via nice sport car roads
Get going look in the diary, and book it in.
We will be there and hopefully have the roof down
Let me know you will be there/
Martin
Count me in.

Put me down as a definite maybe. Just got home from an exercise in Wales and not sure if I’ll be allowed out.

Managed to snap the pin on the Spider bonnet hinge today. New hinge on order so hopefully it will arrive in time to be fitted by Sunday. Still working on getting permission to go from She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Hi,
Yes the weather looks as if it could be roof down weather for us.
Be nice to see you sunday morning.
Hope your bonnet hinge arrives before sunday Nellytheroc. be nice to see you there too.
I'll have to give the spider a good clean before then.
Looking forward to it, see you then

New bonnet h8nge hopefully arriving tomorrow. Can you confirm the starting postcode? Google maps has two Milton park and rides and is the finish near Chelmsford?

Hi,
The Milton park and ride is right next to the A14 junction 33.
Take the ELY A10 route from the A14 roundabout, and the park and ride is 400 yards from the roundabout.
There is a big car park there so I will be at the rear (clear)
I will bring a route guide so you will be able to see what route we will be taking.
The plan is to keep the group together so we can drive in company.
Some of the roads we will be using are superb for roof down motoring, and if the weather is a good as it is supposed to be then it should be very enjoyable.
When we get to Maldone we can all park up and enjoy a cuppa/bite to eat/ or an ice cream, and then have a chin wag etc before heading off home.
See you all then.

Sadly the new bonnet hinge hasn’t arrived so I won’t be joining you all. Have a great day and hopefully see you for the next one.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.