Alfa Romeo Forum banner

East Anglia Day Time Meet � Chat, Food and a Drive #2

Tags
anglia chat
6K views 44 replies 9 participants last post by  r1200rt 
#1 ·
East Anglia Day Time Meet – Chat, Food and a Drive #2

East Anglia Day Time Meet – Chat, Food and a Drive #2, a Good Way to Spend Easter Sunday !​

This Meet is proposed and organized by Martin (r1200rt ). The Meet will be on Easter Sunday and is the same format as last years successful Event.

The initial meet up is at Ely and then a drive together to the finish point in Finchingfield. The route will consist of some really superb driving roads and the run will finish at the lovely little town of Finchingfield. This is a very nice little town with a large number of cafe's around the towns green. If the weather allows then sitting outside one of these cafes looking at some great Alfas is a perfect way to enjoy an Easter Sunday.

Do come along if you can and take this opportunity to meet some fellow Alfa owners. I will be there rain or shine so put it into your diary now. Don't just use your Alfa, DRIVE IT!! Looking forward to a good 'Alfa' day. "

Martin

Here are the details.

Date :- Sunday, 16th April 2017. ( Easter Weekend. )
Time :- 09 30
Place :- Follow The Links To See The Start And Finish Locations And See Post #1 For More Details.

Start Point -
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.3913495,0.2415718,16.25z

Finish Location -
.https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.9680471,0.4482007,14.5z
RSVP NOW and Martin will be delighted to meet you. C’mon folk, please join in, I’m sure that you will enjoy it.

alfaowner.com and its recognised representatives accept no responsibility for the condition of members' cars, the legality of the drivers and the manner in which the vehicles are driven.
Members should keep their vehicles in a road worthy condition. Vehicles should be driven within the limitations of the road conditions and legal speed limit. Any driver who wishes to do otherwise does so at their own risk.

See less See more
#2 ·
Well here you go here is the route for the day.

Start at Ely.

Finish in Finchingfield.

The start meet point will be car park behind the BP petrol station at the roundabout where the A10 meets the A142. There is a travelodge there too so anyone can arrive the day before and stay over ready for the off.

Meet time will be 9.30 with the aim to leave at 10.00am.

The route will be some really superb driving roads, and I mean really superb roads where the run will finish at the lovely little town of Finchingfield.
This is a very nice little town with a large number of cafe's around the towns green. If the weather allows then sitting outside one of these cafes looking at some great Alfas is a perfect way to enjoy an easter sunday.
If you know this little gem of a town then you will know how nice it can be. If you haven't been there before then come along and see a really nice finish location.

So, lets hope for some nice weather and an opportunity to meet some fellow Alfa owners.
Martin:titanic:

#3 ·
Anyone else considering this nice little Meet ? If so get pressing the RSVP Button !

#7 ·
Looking forward to it... see you all Sunday.

#12 ·
Many thanks to Martin for organising today. 10/10 for picking a great route to drive. Great meeting everybody and hopefully see you all again soon.

All the best

Nelly (black GTV)

Attachments

#13 ·
Hi,
Nice to see you all. The weather allowed us to enjoy the roads and our cars.
A good meet and a nice opportunity to meet some nice people.

I will put some more meets together soon, so watch this space.
Talk of a trip over to France perhaps later this year or early next year, was in the air so I will
mix that into my thoughts and see if we can do it again.
Nice to meet you all.
See you soon.
Martin, and Yvonne:beer:

#16 ·
Hi,

I will put some more meets together soon, so watch this space.
Talk of a trip over to France perhaps later this year or early next year, was in the air so I will
mix that into my thoughts and see if we can do it again.
Nice to meet you all.
See you soon.
Martin, and Yvonne:beer:

Glad to see that a good time was had by all.

Martin, I do hope that you can put some more Meets together. If you need any admin type assistance just give me a shout.

#21 ·
If anyone wants to organize a little Meet, eg Pub night or a Brekky Meet, just let me know and I'll help out on the admin bits to get it going.

#28 ·
Hi All,
The weather is getting better!!
Got to going out again in the Alfa.
Went to the Alfa Spring meet yesterday at Duxford.
Great meet and nice to see so many spiders.
Fancy a run out shall we say Sunday May 6th.
Meet at Milton park and ride (Cambridge)
Drive to Maldon Prom via nice sport car roads
Get going look in the diary, and book it in.
We will be there and hopefully have the roof down
Let me know you will be there/
Martin

#33 ·
Put me down as a definite maybe. Just got home from an exercise in Wales and not sure if I’ll be allowed out.

#35 ·
Managed to snap the pin on the Spider bonnet hinge today. New hinge on order so hopefully it will arrive in time to be fitted by Sunday. Still working on getting permission to go from She Who Must Be Obeyed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.