Alfa Romeo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

East Anglia Day Time Meet – Chat, Food and a Drive.

Tags
anglia chat
3K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  Nige005 
#1 ·
East Anglia Day Time Meet – Chat, Food and a Drive, a Good Way to Spend Easter Sunday !​

This Meet is proposed and organized by Martin (r1200rt ) who says – “ I have a 147 in pearl green. A lovely thing with all the toys (some not working) and a 916 Spider. I will be there rain or shine, put it into your diary now. Don't just use your Alfa, DRIVE IT!! “

Here are the details.

Date :- Sunday, 27th March 2016. ( Easter Weekend. )
Time :- 11 00 on.
Place :- Comfort cafe at Fourwentways Service Area, Little Abington,
Near Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB21 6AP.
Tel :- 01223 837891

Here’s a Link to a Map and the Café’ for the initial meet up point.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...2!3m1!1s0x47d86494a8241b8d:0x8255fb28fcd2f687

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/world-famous-comfort-cafe-cambridge

Meet at 11.00am at the Comfort cafe at Fourwentways on the A1307 near where it crosses the A11 near Cambridge. Hope some of you can make it.

We can meet up for a look at each others cars, endless chat about everything Alfa, and then have a run on some lovely back roads to the services on the A14 junction 51, then grab something to eat, more chat and laughs. Then break up and enjoy the drive back to where we all live.

If you are new to the meets don’t be shy and just come along, we don’t bite, just drool a bit ! You needn’t come alone, bring wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend or even granny, everyone is very welcome. Coming in an Alfa is not mandatory, just come along and enjoy the wide ranging conversations, you don’t have to be a car nut to enjoy these Meets.

RSVP NOW and Martin will be delighted to meet you. C’mon folk, please join in, I’m sure that you will enjoy it.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi All,
Nice to see that there are some who will be there. Look forward to meeting anyone who makes the effort to be there.
A good chance to get the Alfa out and drive it and show it off to like minded individuals. People who like the same things you do (maybe)
A reason to clean your car, knowing others are going to look at it.
When someone says "What you doing for Easter"
Your answer is; "There is an Alfa meet that I'm going to on the sunday. Do you want to come"
After Easter people will say "What did you do for Easter"
Your answer is; "Went to an Alfa meet and had quite a bit of fun" They're doing another one soon, going to that one too if I get a chance.
See you Easter sunday.
Martin

#5 ·
Me

Hi,
I will be there come rain or shine, in my Alfa 916 Spider.
Hope to meet some other Alfa owners and have a chat about what people like or dis-like about their cars.
I am hoping to organise another meet/event after this one to keep the kettle boiling.
Hope some people can make it, even if they only manage to get to the meet at the Comfort Cafe.

The itinery for the meet will be;
11.00am meet at the cafe to see who comes and to enjoy chatting.
12.00 leave to drive via some nice country roads to the junction 51 of the A14.
Re-meet up there and discuss any topic that comes up.
Then enjoy the drive home from there at any time to suit you.

Pop along and have a chat.
Martin

#6 ·
Hi,
I will be there come rain or shine, in my Alfa 916 Spider.
Hope to meet some other Alfa owners and have a chat about what people like or dis-like about their cars.
I am hoping to organise another meet/event after this one to keep the kettle boiling.
Hope some people can make it, even if they only manage to get to the meet at the Comfort Cafe.

The itinery for the meet will be;
11.00am meet at the cafe to see who comes and to enjoy chatting.
12.00 leave to drive via some nice country roads to the junction 51 of the A14.
Re-meet up there and discuss any topic that comes up.
Then enjoy the drive home from there at any time to suit you.

Pop along and have a chat.
Martin
So that's 2 then :)

#7 ·
Hi,
Yes, but the thing is with these things is you never know.
I run a motorcycle club and there has been times when I have organised a ride out and I am convinced there will be nobody there.
I have turned up to see the car park full.
But there are times when you think it will be busy and there is just 1 or 2
You never know unless you go.
Thats whats fun about life. You never know what is next.
See you sunday.
Martin

#8 ·
Hi All,
Nice to see you all today.
Weather couldn't make it's mind up but at least it didn't rain whilst we were out of the cars.
Really nice to meet you and have a chat at the Comfort cafe. Surprising that it wasn't open.
A nice drive through some of Suffolk and Essexs country roads. Thank you all for coming.
We had a nice day, and was nice to chat to other Alfa owners.
I will be organising another meet soon.
The plan will be to have a nice drive ending perhaps at a country pub for lunch.
Talk to you all soon.
Martin

#9 ·
Thoroughly enjoyed the day. Great to meet you all and have a great chin wag.

I did have a bizarre moment on the way back - joining the A14 I met a green Toyota avensis coming towards me - anticlockwise on the roundabout!!!

Looking forward to the next one

Reactions: GTV Wen
#11 ·
It was a lovely day, and nice to have met you all :smile:

#13 ·
Another very busy year coming up. A very good trip is planned by a group of us over to Normandy to see the beaches etc.
Hope the Spider holds it all together and gives us all a good run.

How about another great Alfa meet this easter.
Easter is sunday 16th April.
If so, I am happy to sort out a days run, you never know the weather may allow us to drop the roof.

#17 ·
Hi Martin. Let me know when you have the details to hand and what they are and I'll then put up the Event Thread for you.

#18 ·
Ok, I am working on a good meet point and route for the day and as soon as I have it I will post it and then everyone can put it into their diary.

The date will be easter sunday 16th April so people will have a date to make just the details to be rendered.
Looking forward to a good 'Alfa' day.

Martin

#19 ·
Hi Martin. OK. I think that the best thing to do then is to start a new Event Thread now with just the outline on there and close this one, otherwise I can see confusion creeping in !

Once you have more details I can fill them into the bare bones of the new Thread.

#20 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.