Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The windscreen wipers have become temperamental, working when they want to. Normally they work when the engine is warm but cold is a bit of a lottery. Flicking the indicators on can often make them work. Have followed the wiring, checked voltages and currents compared with what I would expect from the published diagrams. Conclusion is earth point C10 is the culprit, called "front left earth".

I've looked behind the headlight, removed the battery and looked around and below, removed the bottom engine cover and looked up. I can't see it :cry:

Anybody know where I should be looking? What is it actually attached to, engine or body?

BTW It's a 147 facelift model

Attachments

L

·
0 Posts
there are TWO earth points near thet batttery/headlight area, one is for the NEG lead of the battery the other is right in under the head light, other wiring harness may be hindering your vision of it. BUT it is THERE :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found it - thanks. It was certainly well hidden but the bunch of wires should have given me a clue. I would have replied sooner but I've only just got my hand free from being stuck between the fuse box and radiator :lol: I'll try from below next time.

Wipers seem to be more reliable now. Only time will tell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts