Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took delivery of an early Christmas present last week, from a very nice man from over the hill in Padiham (nr. Burnley. Thanks Richard). I have been promising myself a project for a while now so here it is...:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Congrats lol

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ey up lads, and lasses kim, hope you all had a good chrimbo :thumbs: Going to get the car rolling and through it's test first, then get it on track, (track day early next year maybe?) we'll see if the car and myself would be up to it. If we are enter maybe three or four of the AROC sprint series events and upgrade the car throughout the year to improve times. Upgrades to be suspension, polybush, lower on eibachs and upgrade shocks, brakes mtec grooved discs and pads (ferodo or ebc) braided hoses, a decent set of road/track tyres. I would be running in the standard class in the AROC series so you are limited to what you can alter.
The 20vt idea was stolen off a thread on the forum (NOS I think with a 16vt transplant) and I think a step too far for me at the moment as I still have a boat to sell to fund this project.:)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
One or two people asking how the project was going at the last NICN, so I thought I would give an update and a few pics.
Rear suspension stripped and rebuilt with polyflexed upper wishbones and lower shocker bushes, 30mm lower pi springs.
Front suspension stipped and rebuilt, new lower wishbones, droplinks and shocker rubbers, 30mm lower pi springs, replaced inner drive shaft gaiters.
Cambelt and balance shaft belt and tensioners replaced, new cam shaft cover gasket, generally tarted up rusty parts in engine compartment, alternator out at the mo waiting for a replacement.
Overhauled brakes, two new rear flexis, one brake pipe, changed fluid, halfords racing.
Some part worn tyres, pirelli p6000 on the rear and michelins on the front.
Had a general clean round, cleaned up rust spots underneath painted them and undersealed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts