Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want an E30 3 series.. My M3 is great but its a bit big & a bit heavy, an E30 is a good 200kg lighter, it is miles better looking and is infinitely cooler, the E36 is still a bit of a chav-wagon.

But - do I get a Coupe or a Touring??? :confused::confused:

Attachments

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and if I get it & like it & decide I will keep it for a few years then it'll get my E36 M3's engine & running gear - I feel a 170bhp 2.5 12v will probably not feel fast enough compared to some of the more modern Alfas I've gotten used to. :D

D

·
0 Posts
Coupe 325i :D with a shorted diff and LSD happy days but they rust to fook :( I love an aul E30 I suggest take the engine outta your E36 and drop it into the 325 :) Proper E30 then :D

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Love the e30. My mate has an m3 but as they are silly money i'd go for the 325 tourer every time

K

·
0 Posts
Either would work for me. It's amazing how fresh the E30 still looks when it's 28 years old.

A

·
0 Posts
Get the tourer as they still look fantastic for an estate and would make a great 'sleeper' with a 280bhp 3.0 straight six!!

Ben

R

·
0 Posts
Agree with the above.

Touring in a white, black or grey with the M3 underneath and a nice set of 318 badges would be just the ticket.

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Coupe 325i :D with a shorted diff and LSD happy days but they rust to fook :( I love an aul E30 I suggest take the engine outta your E36 and drop it into the 325 :) Proper E30 then :D
LSD would be a must for me after getting used to it in the E36 - I know they were an option on the coupe but I don't think many of the Tourings had them. Not having a garage and knowing how much they rust would bug me, but nothing I can do except underseal it and try and catch it as I notice it..

Love the e30. My mate has an m3 but as they are silly money i'd go for the 325 tourer every time
Yeah M3s are mental money. Have you seen Loz's one on the KWs?

Either would work for me. It's amazing how fresh the E30 still looks when it's 28 years old.
It does look very good for the age it is. But then so do Suds and Sprints :)

Get the tourer as they still look fantastic for an estate and would make a great 'sleeper' with a 280bhp 3.0 straight six!!

Ben
It'd be even better with my 3.2 316bhp engine then :D

Agree with the above.

Touring in a white, black or grey with the M3 underneath and a nice set of 318 badges would be just the ticket.
It'd have to be 320 badges - at least I could justify the 6-cylinder noise :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Yeah M3s are mental money. Have you seen Loz's one on the KWs?
This is the one I was talking about :thumbs: The KW's were in a box in his office last week.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
We used to have a 1986 E30 325 saloon stripped out, caged, progressive rally spec suspension, bucket seats etc and was still road legal. Also had an LSD, a short shift kit from a Z3 and Toyo R888s on mag wheels. :D
Went like stink & was great fun on track.
If you get a decent one and keep it fairly standard, then it won't lose any money as they've been solidly low for a couple of years now. 325i Sport came with an LSD as standard.

Personally, I'd prefer a tourer.

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We used to have a 1986 E30 325 saloon stripped out, caged, progressive rally spec suspension, bucket seats etc and was still road legal. Also had an LSD, a short shift kit from a Z3 and Toyo R888s on mag wheels. :D
Went like stink & was great fun on track.
If you get a decent one and keep it fairly standard, then it won't lose any money as they've been solidly low for a couple of years now. 325i Sport came with an LSD as standard.

Personally, I'd prefer a tourer.
I'd definitely have the tourer as well - more of a sleeper, the coupe looks like it should be properly quick.

I've got to get one - anyone want to buy a nice facelift 156 16v diesel or a GTV V6??? :lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Yep. E30's are cool. I was looking for one when I was considering replacing mine, but they aren't really daily driver material for the miles I do.

IMHO the coolest would be an Alpina C28 (I think that's the nomenclature :confused: ) Larger block straight six from an M5 / 535M, so it's almost as fast as an E30 M3, but a bit more refined, crucially, they came in RHD.

Effectively by dropping the E36 engine in, you'd have the save thing :cool:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
It's all about the wagon mate :thumbs:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts