Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

By the way.... anyone has any idea to switch the e-brake hazard light off? Everytime I slam my brakes hard, the hazard light will come on and its IRRITATING! Checked with Dealership and they said there is no such program in the examiner to turn this off.

Advise please, many thanks.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Ive had that once with my brera, didnt even now it did it, it is only for emergency stops though i think its a good idea. How often do you do emergency stops?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Ive had that once with my brera, didnt even now it did it, it is only for emergency stops though i think its a good idea. How often do you do emergency stops?
Mine only came on on track or once when I had to slam on mid corner as there was a van on my side of the road:eek:

You must be driving like a loon if it bothers you.......

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Mine would come on during hard road braking without needing to drive like a loon - and there is no known way to disable it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I track often and it looks stupid... Seems like no one has managed to find a solution to this..

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
There are a number of inputs that are checked. First, if the throttle is shut quickly; Second if the brakes are applied quickly after the throttle shut off and third, Steering input. They all are checked in relation to each other. So all 3 would be at a low threshold. One element on its own is unlikely to trigger without harsh input.

On later cars the snapping shut of the throttle is what pre-fills the brake system. The Guilietta I borrowed got me very annoyed. Going into a particular roundabout with artificial sight blocking (with the hope of rolling through) always caught me out. I needed to shut the throttle quickly but the small amount of braking needed was undermined by this pre-fill that then caused you to brake excessively. It took me some time to work out that it wasn't me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts