Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Dyno for 3.6 Thread

Tags
dyno thread
2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  BenzinaBrera 
#1 ·
OK so ive put on almost a 1000kms on the brera and time to remap is coming closer and closer.

Im going to see johan minnaar tomorrow from MRD as he has a 4WD dyno and seems he is highly reccomended, so if anybody has any 2 cents, this would be the place.

My experience of the 3.6 so far unmapped, This car pulls like a beast from the get go, can feel its got an American Torquey character but with the head flow, decat and lightened flywheel you get a nice combo of the revs flying seriously fast especially out of first gear i sometimes struggle to catch it before hitting the limiter and has some serious shove into the seat :thumbs:

BTW hitting the limiter sounds glorious :eek: it makes a super fast paced almost E46 M3 like tatatata out the exhaust :inlove:

Unfortunately eventually from 3rd gear and on highway cruising you can feel a definate lack of fuelling under load obviously when the injector cycle needs to be opened up, but im very impressed so far :D i think when played with the timing and fuelling this car will Haul ass haha

If i could compare the feel of power based on the various cars ive been in then id say the closest thing id compare it to is the original Bi-turbo 335i BMW

Unfortunately i have not been actively trying to chase some cars as im running it in on a drive hard- drive slow basis so the only cars i had a go with was a KIA Koup and a MiTo 114kw and both lost or as my buddy in the mito said, "It felt like i was reversing" he also said the 3.0 BMW Z4 with AC Shnitzer exhaust doesnt seem close to as fast as the brera.

But yes ill keep the Dyno figures updated on this thread as soon as i get the right tuner for the car :thumbs:

See less See more
#6 ·
All S3's and Golf R's dyno at MRD.

you running the car in and bouncing the limiter????:)

I'm in JHB tomorrow and Friday my man...JZEE already made my work trip a worth while trip by giving me a ride in the GTV..c'mon...beat him!!!

#7 ·
All S3's and Golf R's dyno at MRD.

you running the car in and bouncing the limiter????:)

I'm in JHB tomorrow and Friday my man...JZEE already made my work trip a worth while trip by giving me a ride in the GTV..c'mon...beat him!!!

#9 ·
Haha thanks for the compliments guys, ill do some nice vids when it's map is done, will try to find a go pro cam also, will organize you a spin also when it's done lance if you are going to want to feel it then I want you to feel it at its best you see?

#13 ·
Nice work.
Tuner’s are strange things just when you think you found one to use they disappoint so it is down to personal preference.
In Pretoria I agree MRD is probably the best.

#14 ·
Hehe turbontters your description on tuners sound like I will describe panelbeaters :cheese:

@alfi, once I'm done well talk about that gopro lol, you always have the coolest tech all over the place hehe

@speenvark, yes we need to talk, I want to hear how your things went down also, so you must drop me a email or something if you want to chat about something :thumbs:

As for MRD, I'm in woodmead now, but after I'm done here its off to MRD!

#17 ·
Hi, thanks for the heads up, the limiter i want at 7k in all gears instead of only 6200 in first and 6800 upwards, it seems uniq+ will be the way to go in the end, even though i prefer actual mapping i will end up using the uniq purely because with the "tight like a drum" bosch ecu the tuning capability will not be as flexible as with the uniq. The uniq can also easily manipulate the lambda sensors which will help seeing as i decattex the car.

Just out of interest, why is it important for them to know its direct injected?

#20 ·
Ahh i see that makes sense arthur, solid point

Thanks DNA i hope i get some good dyno figures becauase butt dyno is never that accurate haha! if i dont have good figures ill be very depro lol

#23 ·
Noo no no sorry man i have just been swamped with work and was planning to get it done by the end of the month only but the date might move up a bit, will see. But once results are in ill make sure to post :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.