Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the will to ask for a deactivation of assisted power steering in Dynamic mode of DNA of the Giulietta? Mean to ask an engineer to set it to N o r m a l steering mode?
I find it rather h e a v y when driving in city roads, in parking procedure etc and I do not want to switch to D<->N all the time!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Actually I wish the steering would be slightly heavier in Dynamic mode. The steering in my GQV is still lighter in dynamic mode than my 2002 Audi a3 1.8T

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I switch back to 'N' all the time and wouldn't want to drive in 'D' in city traffic irrespective of the steering feel.

Can't really see how you could make DNA any easier to use :confused:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I find that dynamic mode is not appropriate in first gear and always switch back to N if I'm coming to a standstill, I wonder if that should be something alfa might consider offering automatically in the future?

·
Registered
38,687 Posts
I drive in dynamic all of the time and I find the steering and throttle response perfect.

In N the steering is too light and the throttle response makes it feel like the car still has the handbrake on.

I guess we are all different. :lol:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Respect to you but 1st gear in D is like jumping off a cliff in my car, proper warp speed! 0 to ****ing hell!
Hmm, I never had issues with 1st gear in Dynamic mode on my 2016 GQV as I drive it as a semi automatic. ie in manual model all the time. :)

·
Registered
38,687 Posts
Respect to you but 1st gear in D is like jumping off a cliff in my car, proper warp speed! 0 to ****ing hell!
I wish it was like that, I find it a bit lacking off of the line compared to a petrol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ι see... Nobody shares my concern... :alien:
Still, I'm looking for an anwer from a technician/expert about interfering in the setup of power steering in D mode.

·
Registered
224 Posts
think the only way to change the steering sensitivity in D mode is to somehow reprogram the logic boards assuming that part is not hard programmed into the system.

What is wrong with city driving in N mode?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ι see... Nobody shares my concern... :alien:
Still, I'm looking for an anwer from a technician/expert about interfering in the setup of power steering in D mode.
On

Alfa Romeo World | Alfa Giulietta | Alfa Romeo UK

It says

"Also debuting on the new Giulietta is Alfa Performance, a new service specifically created to enhance the driving experience. Using an array of digital gauges and instruments, drivers can control the main parameters of the car, measure their performance using special timers and see driving statistics on their smartphone, in addition to receiving real-time driving tips. The service is available on Uconnect 6.5" Radio Nav LIVE."

That relevant? Anyone know what it means? And I assume it's impossible (or very expensive) to change the 5" uconnect in my 2015 TCT for the 6.5" uconnect live anyway.

Personally, I think the steering weight in 'N' is good for a nice relaxed drive; in 'D' it's almost heavy enough to feel like you're doing something. Just right.

dom.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I wish it was like that, I find it a bit lacking off of the line compared to a petrol.
If you are talking diesel vs petrol, I actually find diesel is a bit better than petrol off the line for general pickup. ie not using launch control. Also the torque kicks in hard with diesels at very low rpms.

That being said, "D" is part of alfas DNA system and does not mean diesel ;)

·
Registered
38,687 Posts
Torque appears to be limited in 1st and 2nd gear on my car. I assume to protect the transmission. Also due to a Diesel not revving as much 1st gear feels very short. It isn't until you hit 3rd gear the car really shifts. At higher speeds though the performance is great. 40-70mph+ in 4th gear for instance is very rapid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts