Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a car. You may have seen it, it's blue.

I bought it from a dealer on 13 Feb. I got the green new keeper slip, and the dealer promised to send the rest off ASAP.

Fast forward 4 weeks and no new v5c has arrived so last week I emailed dvla. They got back to me at the back end of the week to say they hadn't seen it. I'd need to send them the new keeper slip to generate a new v5c. I posted this on Monday and they signed for it on Tuesday.

Yesterday, my v5c arrived. Crikey, that was quick you're thinking. I briefly did too until I noticed that it was issued on Monday.

Either they received the original after they emailed me on Thursday and turned it around immediately, or it was in their system all along but they had no idea.

·
Registered
15,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on, keep up. They told me on Thursday that no application for a V5c in my name had been received. 4 days later (including sat & sun), on the same day I posted another application, they had not only received the first application, but processed it too.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I like the DVLA website and I'll rant about it in a positive light if you want! The only problem with them is if you have to speak to someone, they don't like that and the wheels generally fall off.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Come on, keep up. They told me on Thursday that no application for a V5c in my name had been received. 4 days later (including sat & sun), on the same day I posted another application, they had not only received the first application, but processed it too.
...and managed to post it to you in Cambodia in that time. Phenominal!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Just bought a secondhand car myself for the work commute and V5 arrived today, 10 days after buying the car.

So, yeh, i usually find them quite efficient, very much so on vehicle excise reminders !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts