Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Generally the reviews have been better, but since I didn't see the first one (not really an FF fan) and have no plans to see the second (never was thrilled by SS/Galactus storylines) I can't give you my personal view. As for Jessica Alba I think she was badly miscast as Sue Storm Richards, so it's no surprise that you weren't too excited by her performance.
--Toronto

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I confess I was bought the special edition restored DVD of Lawrence of Arabia for Christmas a few years back, a film and story I have always been fascinated by.

Its great, but one thing really ****es me off bigtime as it ruins the opening of this fantastic film...is the bloody crass Dolby Digital ad. Its so American and tasteless and not in keeping it drives me up the wall. If I could copy the DVD and edit this crap out, then I would. A simple silent screen with a Dolby Image would have been quite enough.

AlfaLincs

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Last Sunday I watched 2001 for the second time.

I was once again amazed at how clear and crisp that movie looks. And I find it hard to believe that it was filmed back in the 60's... Great film indeed. :cool:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Well I would prefer they get rid of all the [email protected] on a DVD (apart from maybe the audio commentary) and put more "data" towards the sound and picture, a bit like Superbit DVDs. So does this mean I advocate two disc DVD packs :confused: Well not really because I have loads but hardly ever look at the "bonus" disc :confused:

What is this special edition nonsense for the most part? Will I be able to sell these DVD's at a premium in ten years or so's time :confused: Well I have some VHS tapes with the wording "Special Edition" and I know I couldn't possibly sell them for more than I paid for them :confused:

Maybe I'll clutter and leave them to loved ones to take to the tip one day ;)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Its great, but one thing really ****es me off bigtime as it ruins the opening of this fantastic film...is the bloody crass Dolby Digital ad. Its so American and tasteless and not in keeping it drives me up the wall. If I could copy the DVD and edit this crap out, then I would. A simple silent screen with a Dolby Image would have been quite enough.AlfaLincs
May I suggest "DVD Decrypter"?

·
Registered
24,513 Posts
Jim, is that Silver Surfer movie better than the (why did I waste my time and money watching this POS) first F4 one?? :confused:

That one was atrocious... :vomit:

And no, even Jessica Alba couldn't save it. :D
Ant,

I agree the first F4 should have been titled F4-POS! I can't speak for the SS film as it isn't out here yet. We just did the artwork (well, our holographic part of the artwork) with the designers recently in advance of the DVD launch which will presumably be a few months off.

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
You do understand my feelings towards that movie. :D

·
Registered
912 Posts
F4 no 2 is better than the 1st one. No where as good as Spiderman 3 and I thought that was the weakest of all Spiderman movies so far.

As to getting good priced DVDs, try play.com or choicesuk.com or even cdwow.com.

·
Registered
24,513 Posts
I'd heard Spiderman 3 was a waste of space too, which is why we decided to wait to rent it. Getting babysitters means we need to use our odd nights off wisely!;)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Yes, but the only people who have to watch the ad are those who have paid for the DVD in the first place so don't have to be told not to pinch it! :mad:
Come on - just because that copy is legtimate, doesn't mean that amongst all those who see it, none will ever watch a bootleg video, does it?

But I share the irritation and agree that it is pointless.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts