Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... no I don't want a 2 disc DVD boxed set.
I just want to by the film for the cheapest
price. But lately they only release 2-3 disc editions.

It's just an excuse to but the price about 14 quid.
:rant:

PS

And those bloody anti-copying adverts you cant skip!
That reason enough to download copies right there!!
:mad:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Is 300 out yet?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
End of July in the US.

FOR THE TWO-DISC "SPECIAL EDITION"

AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGG!!

:)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And those bloody anti-copying adverts you cant skip!
That reason enough to download copies right there!!
:mad:
Yeah that is annoying beyond belief. No I wouldn't steal a car or handbag, downloading a film while illegal is hardly the same bloody thing!!!

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I'll definitely get 300 when it comes out.

I must confess, I don't buy many film knowadays...even my favourite ones I rarely see 3 or 4 times...

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!!:rant: :rant: :rant:

i HATE all the nanny state health & safety lecture at the start of a dvd, why the hell don't they just make it skip-able? bring back video!:cry:

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
I start with the good intentions of just buying the film and then see the "Special Deluxe 8 Disc Box Set With Unseen Footage And One Of Interviews (the same one's you get for free on Sky movies) Including Interactive PC Software (that I tried once and managed to give my PC a hernia trying to open) With Knob's On" and end up buying it against my better judgment.

I know their sh1te and all the extra's are a load of old twaddle but I can't help myself :cry: :rant: :rolleyes:

It's the pretty packaging that gets me :cry:

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have to confess that if I like a film I buy it with the most bonus material possible. And when I'm not sure about it I at first rent it for 1 EUR.

But I certainly agree in case of the anti-copying adverts. And they really make no sense, because only the people who use the original DVDs have to watch these adverts.
Fortunately I watch my DVDs on my PC (having no TV). So with the right tool, I can still skip them.

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
About the stealing a handbag, or a car advert. You should see the one they play here before the movies, at a theater. Utterly disgusting, and laughable... :tut:

·
Registered
689 Posts
I kinda take my films seriously so I like watching the extras, sometimes they're better than the actual films!!!

DVD's with great extras:

Aliens (Boxset)
Matrix (Boxset)
LOTR (Boxset)
Superman (Boxset)
Red Dwarf
Army of Darkness
Memento
The Thing

I'm also one of those people who like getting the super deluxe 5 disc boxset of a film - I love it!

ps - that anti-piracy ad is the most annoying thing ever and it's so damn loud!

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
I buy the special editions of the movies I like the most, like with LOTR. I bought the box set with 12 DVDs. Awesome set. :cool:

·
Registered
662 Posts
i havent bought a single dvd for myself (i have bought a fair few as presents) since i got DVD copying software about a year ago, has saved me a fortune and i have a very tidy wee cd wallet full of my fav films :) ive never stolen a handbag or a car lol and no its not the same imo alright both are theft but one is of someones actual possesion that they have bought the other is minor infringment their intellectual rights. have you ever loaned a film to someone? have your kids got prortable DVD players for flights/boat trips/ car journeys etc where its technically illegal to view a film?

if tom cruise/sonys CEO/liv tyler ever shows up here broke because of indivuals copying film ill take them in and they can stay as my guests untill they are back on their feet. :/

·
Registered
16,710 Posts

·
Registered
24,514 Posts
Does anybody bother watching all the crappy "extras"? I just want a cheap film too. If it's a decent film at an Asda type price it is worth buying rather than renting IF you might want to see it again.

I can't see the point in these "Collector's Editions" although I suppose they are OK as gift sets.

That said, do please all rush out and buy the Silver Surfer Collector's DVD when it comes out as our company is doing the holographic part of the pack and our sister company in Cheshire is doing the film to board lamination; so do the right thing and pay full whack to help keep Jim in a job. :D

Oh and get Charlie and the Chocolate factory while your at it.;)

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Jim, is that Silver Surfer movie better than the (why did I waste my time and money watching this POS) first F4 one?? :confused:

That one was atrocious... :vomit:

And no, even Jessica Alba couldn't save it. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts