Alfa Romeo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I did not know these caused overboost code when fitted.does this show on dash and can it be removed via garage scan tool?

·
Registered
190 Posts
They can't cause overboost. Your ecu regulates psi. DV just holds the pressure under full throtle, once you let go, it openes. Simple

·
Registered
115 Posts
Oh
Just that pokinawa posted he had overboost issue after fitting his in earlier post.so just to clarify i will not need to alter current map on car after fitting dv.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Oh
Just that pokinawa posted he had overboost issue after fitting his in earlier post.so just to clarify i will not need to alter current map on car after fitting dv.
No, you don't need to remap the car. Mine just starting to run better straight away.

·
Registered
115 Posts
No.car goes in for mot/service june 15th so ill ask mechanic to do it.sounds a bit of a pain and i usually end up with more probs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
No, it's not djustable.

But I don't like the idea of a BOV not dumping all air...

And I don't see how you can easily adjust the DV if it was adjustable on the QV because there is no room for that...
The adjustment can be done with an allen key after installation - however it isn't the easiest job.. :)

I actually like the idea of the DV not dumping all the air. As long as the adjustment doesn't cause turbo surge, I find it to be an advantage. Especially if you've fitted a larger intercooler, which holds more air and causes the time to reach maximum pressure, after a gear change, to increase slightly.

·
Registered
115 Posts
When i took car out to test seemed much sharper boost on upshift but you think maybe you did not notice before fitting valve

61 - 80 of 92 Posts