Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anybody know if the Dutch Alfa guys still sell rear sub frames for the 164, and if so how to get in touch with them?

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
433 Posts
H Mark

Have a look at the 164 International Register. The Dutch are prominent and you will see the names to contact from the forum

There was a man from the Midlands advertising a new copy subframe for the Thema on eBay last year. He might be worth an approach. I have his address somewhere. Contact me by private message if you want to approach him - respect for his privacy. If he has the patterns we should all club together to have a batch of these made. Too many 164's are scrapped for want of this part

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Hi mate your best bet is to join/register on the alfa164register.nl

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for you replys and ideas. I shall join the 164register and see what I can find there.

Aggy I agree about clubing together and having a batch made, good idea. I wonder what the response would be from other 164 owners? I shall PM you for the midland chaps address.

I've heard that there are rear sub frames being made in America so I will follow that up too. However the price plus shipping could be quite high.

As soon as I have any responses I shall post it here.

Mark

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's high time we 164 owners clubbed together to get parts re-made for a good price. MG owners do it all the time.
I paid £80 for a used rear subframe, still in my house awaiting a waxoyl/zinc paint job. It's not a big part but it is so critical so when I saw it I bought it. Keeping my 164 forever. Brilliant cars!

·
Registered
9 Posts
164 Rear Sub Frame

Hi everybody.

Got a few quid now and want to get the 164 back on the road after being laid up for about 6 years - '96 2L TS.
I was wondering if anybody knew of a rear sub frame that I could buy / refurbish? Just that I know that before I go further, I need to get one and an MOT before I get a re-spray done.

Thanks
J

1 - 9 of 9 Posts