Alfa Romeo Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
My pads were assessed at 36000 miles as having 85% remaining .
Mine were assessed at 35.5k as being 85% worn :lol:

Got them to change the pads anyway as there didn't seem to be a lot left on them.

R

·
0 Posts
I've just ordered these EBC rotors/discs for the front and back - more for the looks than anything else - nothing wrong with the QV's standard brakes.. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
78000 miles with my front brembo disks and 2 sets of pads on the 159 ti. Finally replaced last weak after the wear light came on!

·
Registered
118 Posts
grave dig :) Anyone hitting minimum rotor thickness with lots of pad left? I reckon at 30,000 kms my front rotors will be at their 2mm below new thickness with half the pads left... Standard (not brembo) brakes with semi urban use and not particularly aggressive driving. The G eats brakes that's for sure!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
The G eats brakes that's for sure!
I'd say the lack of disc/pad wear is insane!

My G is over 9 years old with original discs & pads (92k miles)

Now I know I'm a strong advocate of braking avoidance but that's just crazy!

Looks like they'll need to be changed at 10 years though 😁

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I fitted pattern EBC kit to all four corners last year and am very pleased with the braking performance.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I fitted pattern EBC kit to all four corners last year and am very pleased with the braking performance.
I’m getting Textar pads and rotors - OEM supplier (along with TRW). I like the factory brake performance :)

But am surprised they will hit minimum rotor thickness before the pads - of all the euro cars (mostly French but it’s all the same parts suppliers) rotors are close to dead when the pads go. But that was 60k kms in the Megane.

·
Registered
37,362 Posts
I put Bendix front discs and Pagid pads on the front of ours at 65,000 miles. Now on 102,000 miles and I would say that the pads are about 50% worn but the discs are about 75% worn. They have a bit of a lip on them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I put Bendix front discs and Pagid pads on the front of ours at 65,000 miles. Now on 102,000 miles and I would say that the pads are about 50% worn but the discs are about 75% worn. They have a bit of a lip on them.
Crikey, you’re getting mega miles out of them! Lots of freeway work I assume.

But another example of discs going first - cheers, nice to know I’ve not necessarily got something horribly wrong!

·
Registered
37,362 Posts
Not really, just a mix of town and A/B road driving with the occasional motorway trip (about 3 times per year)
Modern asbestos free pads do wear discs relatively quickly.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts